Options

Questions about IUI

So, I went and saw my doctor in Jan. concerning IUI. I told him that I wanted to start trying to get pregnant with IUI in July. Now, I was all prepared that he would want to run test and probably do Ultrasounds prior to IUI to make sure nothing was wrong. But he doesn't! This concerns me, plus he never really asked me about my health history as far as OB goes, just asked if I had ever been pregnant or tried to get pregnant in the past. Now, he is suppose to be the best in the area I live, but it concerns me that he didn't want to run any test, this is a lot of money to and time.
Second, he asked me if my periods were regular on schedule every month and they have been. Up until this time. I am 18 days late from starting and no I am not pregnant. I called his office to tell him, and they said to wait and see if my periods would fix themselve.
Third, can people advise me on how many vials they bought to start out with?? I was going to go with 4, is that a good number. And how many tried with IUI did it take you to get pregnant.

Thank You in Advance

Comments

• Options
    I had the opposite experience. My Doc wanted to run me through a battery of test. My only issue is I didn't have a partner so I didn't want to go broke testing for no reason. If you are 6 months out, that maybe the reason they want to hold off. If it is any thing like my doc office they will be running the same test every 6 or 12 months. If done now, you would have to redo again by the time you are ready to inseminate.

I would say have them do the AMH and FSH tests. Those are the two main test that will tell you if there are any underlying issues you need to address before TTC'ing. If there are no issues, STD, CVM and blood type(if you don't already know) testing is the only other thing you should have to do. HSG if you want an added piece of security that you can get and maintain a pregnancy. I did all, except the HSG, on my own or through my PP to lower cost or have my insurance pay for it.

If you are truly not confident in your RE, I would find another. At the end of the day this just an assembly line business for some. So if it doesn't feel right search around.

I bought 5 vials. Which was recommended by RE since most try up to 5 times before success. Since I have no issues, I only shipped 3 and saved 2 for future use. Also with 5 you get year of free storage with CCB, if you don't plan on shipping all to your RE at the same time.

-Good luck