Options

BFP #12954

1st IUI with 12954 done on Sept 21. BFP on Oct 5. Everything going well so far! 1st ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

Seems like several have had successful BFPs with this donor. Just wanted to see who all was out there so we can support each other during this exciting time and stay in touch for the future siblings!

Comments

• Options
    Yayyy!!! We picked a good one!!
    I'm 8 weeks pregnant with 12954. I just saw the ultrasound and heard the heartbeat. It. Changed. My. World.

Is this your first pregnancy?

-Diana
  • Options
    It is my 1st pregnancy. I have my 1st ultrasound next Thursday on the 18th! I'm SO excited. Is this your first also?

Yay us!!!!
    Deana
  • Options
    Congrats Deana! My first ultrasound is on the 18th too :)
  • Options
    WOO HOO! That is awesome SeattleSuz!! Congrats! I know you are excited too.
  • Options
    Holy moly! We picked a good one! I have my sound ultrasound on Oct 24 (where they do that neck test to screen for down syndrome) I can't wait to see and hear my little peanut again! Wow.. i can't believe we all got positives! If either of you are on Facebook, you can find me here: http://www.facebook.com/diana.eastman.5
  • Options
    I know, right?!? We did pick a good one! It's really amazing that so many have taken SO well! I love it!

I'm so excited about your ultrasound on the 24th and how exciting to get to see and hear the lil peanut again. You will have to let us know how it goes!!

I'm way pumped for Thursday to get here! I can't wait to see my lil bean.

Diana, what part of the world are you from?? SeattleSuz, I'm guessing you are from Seattle but that might be an incorrect guess?? LOL. I'm in the Dallas TX area.

I think it will be kinda fun knowing where the siblings will be. And looks like we may have to make a FB page at some point for 12954 like I've seen others do for donors. He's apparently going to be popular and very "effective." A Donor 12954 page would be great, just so we can all update each other on progress, photos and stuff :) I might get back on FB just for that!!

Happy Monday to all and good luck w/ your lil buns in the oven!
  • Options
    I think a FB page is a great idea! Since we are all pretty close in how far along we are, it would be cool to compare notes, share stories, etc.

I'm from Orlando Florida, I'm 26 years and and my partner and I have been together for 6.5 years. We have two dogs, Leo and Bella.

I'll keep an eye out for that Facebook page..!
  • Options
    I will look into doing it, although I am absolutely NOT FB savvy! I don't even have FB! Lol...

If anyone has suggestions, feel free to let me know.

And Diana, congrats to you and your partner and the kiddos (4-legged fur babies)! I know you are so excited for the next ultrasound. I have my 1st in just a few hours!

I keep wondering what my Sophie (my 4 legged fur baby) is going to think of baby!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you BFPers. This donor was our second choice and we both loved him, but had to cross him off the list after much debate because of the Alzheimer's.. Hoping our eventual choice of 12812 is going to pay off! :)
  • Options
    (Should add that Alzheimer's is all over both sides of my family, which is why we were trying to avoid it for our donor. One side is enough!)
  • Options
    My partner and I are trying this donor for the 3rd time this month. Hoping for a BFP as we really love this donor!

Any words of advice for getting over the emotional trauma of the first two not taking? We're starting to get really anxious as lots of people get pregnant in the first couple of tries.

Congrats on all the BFP's with this donor! Any advice would be great!
  • Options
    Diana...how did the sono go? I've been waiting to hear if it all went great! I have my 8 weeks sono on Thurs Nov 1! I will get to hear the heartbeat :) YAY!!

And aquarafairy, I'm sorry about your 1st two attempts. I wish that I could give some awesome advice but I had good luck on my 1st try. Only thing that I can say is try not to stress and worry yourself too much. When it is time, it will be the right time. He is a great donor though! SO...don't give up!! It is so worth seeing the heartbeat and knowing that you are growing a little one inside!

Bookfool, totally understand that. Good choice and GOOD LUCK with 12812. He was one of my contenders too!
  • Options
    Thanks AggieDe! The RE keeps telling us to be patient but I'm worried we'll have to take a break due to finances. This process isn't cheap!

We go in for #3 Insemination tomorrow and I'm hoping 3rd times a charm!

I wish you the best of luck with your baby!! Hopefully, we'll have a nice little network of half siblings. :)
  • Options
    I thought I was going in for the NT test last week, but turns out it was just a normal check up. She said we could try to hear the heartbeat, but since I was ten weeks along there was about a 50/50 chance we'd be able to hear it, and if we did hear it it may only be faint. I was so nervous, because my symptoms had been very minimal by that point and of course I was freaking out...

But we heard it! Loud and strong and for a long time! Our little peanut was ready to be heard!! :)

We go in for the NT test on Thursday the 8th and we'll be able to see him/her again. :)
  • Options
    Yay Aquafairy!! I hope the #3 works for you. I will be praying that all falls into place. Don't loose hope and if you have to take a break for finances, come back and start when you can. Because you are right, it's not cheap! But it is SOOO worth it!

And Diana...woo hoo!! I'm so glad to hear that your little peanut is loud! LOL.

I did my 2nd sono on the 1st. It was awesome! My lil bean measured to be 8 wks and 2 days. It's amazing to see the spine and the little arm buds and everything. The heartbeat was crazy loud and strong! 165 beats/min. I go in again on 14th for another sono and my 1st appt w/ the OB instead of my RE. I'm so pumped!

Keep up the good work ladies! Baby dust to all!
  • Options
    Donor 12954 ships to my lab in Columbus,Ohio, Monday. Expecting IUI Thanksgiving weekend!!!
    Keep me in your thoughts ladies.
    Your voices and stories mean alot to me right now.
    Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    Good luck and much baby dust to you ebgaubert!! What a great Thanksgiving gift! IUI and hope for a BFP! Hang in there.
  • Options
    Hello ladies!
    Just a quick update- I'm 14 weeks along and heard the heartbeat again yesterday. It still brings me to tears. I'm 99.99999% sure its a boy, but we won't know for sure until a month from today. The 12 weeks sonogram was amazing, it looked like a real baby! I saw it's nose and chin and legs and belly! I can't believe (he)'s really in there!!

Looking forward to other updates!
  • Options
    Diana...That is SO awesome! I have my 14 wk sono on Dec 11th. I can't wait. I still can't believe I'm 12 wks already!

And how exciting...a boy (possibly). Do you just feel like it's a boy?? This is such a cool feeling with Lil Bit hanging out in there!

Good luck ladies. Ebgaubert...how did the IUI go??
  • Options
    Aww...so excited for you ladies. That is the best news- happy, healthy pregnancies!
    Our IUI was pushed up a little to get some more growth out of the follicles and we inseminated yesterday, 11/27, and today, 11/28. Three nice and juicy eggs and, FYI for anyone else considering 12954 his numbers were 18 million motile for #1 IUI and 16.9 for #2 IUI.
    I am at peace with the two week wait (which for me ends up being 2 plus 3 days because our office has us do a booster shot which can give a false/positive).
    What happens from this point is out of my control, so I am going to sit back and relax and resist the urge to go buy a caseload of pregnancy tests at Walgreens.
    Swim 12954...swim! lol. Thanks for thinking of me and I will be checking back and so very excited for your updates!
    Elizabeth
  • Options
    AggieDE

What RE did you use in Dallas?
  • Options
    I'm using Dr. Victor Beshay at UTSW. He is fabulous and his office is incredible. The staff has been so wonderful and supportive. I would very much recommend him.

If you want more info, email me at AggieDe96@yahoo.com
  • Options
    AggieDe,

Thank you. I will keep his name in mind.
  • Options
    Happy Holidays Ladies! Best wishes in the new year with your pregnancies and those trying. I still think this donor is great and we chose well :) May each of you be blessed richly with the little one of your dreams!

And Elizabeth...any luck? How did the TWW go? I'm anxious to hear!

Sticky baby dust to all!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sharing all of your stories ladies! I made my purchase of 12954 vials a few weeks ago and just now found this thread! I'm not scheduled for my first IUI for a few more months but it's so comforting to read about your successes and certainly helps relieve some anxiety. I'm 38 and in San Francisco. I can't wait to hear your reports about the first round of healthy babies being born! ..which sounds like it should be around the time I go in for my first attempt at IUI. Sending everyone good vibes for safe & healthy pregnancies ... and magic baby dust to everyone trying!
  • Options
    I'm excited to connect with all of you during this amazing journey. ~Sarah
  • Options
    Good luck Sarah and keep connected. This is a wonderful process and it is so amazing being able to share it with others in the same situation. These are going to be some awesome babies!!! When do you plan on doing your first IUI? I am due June 14th :)
  • Options
    Congratulations AggieDe, those Geminis are sweethearts! That puts you about 16/17 weeks right? Are you going to find out the gender soon or are you keeping it a surprise? I'm starting with my first IUI in late April, it seems like a long way out but I know the next 4 months will fly by! I also see that you post on the Single Mom's board, it's nice to be connected to someone who's going through the same experience. I hope you have the loving support of your family and friends like I do. :)
  • Options
    Deanna, I just sent you an email so if you don't see it, it could be in your spam.
  • Options
    I am 16 weeks! I will find out the gender and have the anatomical measurements taken via ultrasound on Jan 17, so I am WAY excited! And I can honestly say that this time has FLOWN by!!