Options

How important is it for the child to have full sibblings? Having several kids by the same donor?

There is a donor I am very interested in but he only has a few vials left, only enough for one pregnancy so I am a little hesitant on buying his vials cause that would mean that my future child wouldnt have full siblings the next time I get pregnant. I would have to pick another donor for the second pregnant..

Initially I didnt see a problem with this, with having sibblings from different donors cause they would all probably look similar if I choose donors with similar physica characteristics but now I´m thinking it through cause I see lots of women here that have a child from a particular donor and are desperately searching for someone who might have extra vials of the donor the had gotten pregant by..Is it fundamentally important that all children are full sibblings? Why or why not?

Comments

• Options
    I am using the same donor to try again, but if there were no more vials left, I'd use another donor. I like the fact that my children will be genetically related, but it is not essential. I have a step sister that is no blood relation to me and we are as close if not closer than most full sibling sisters I know. A family is what you make of it, not how it's made.
  • Options
    I guess ur right. Well, I ended up buying vials from 2 different donors, and I am happy with my decision. :)