Options

We are trying our first ICI at home this coming week with donor 14389. CCB tells us he is a relatively new donor, only available a few months now but he does have reported pregnancies, less than 5 at this time. We tried 2 rounds of IUI at our clinic with donor 13718. Sperm count was high, around 48 million with 40% motility. We switched donors as we decided we wanted to give ICI at home a try and 13718 no longer had ICI vials available. Feeling confident about trying the at home method and claiming this to be our month, third time is a charm! Is there anyone out there who has had success with this donor?

Comments

• Options
    Did you go with 14388? I think wea are about to order some from him.
  • Options
    Did you go with 14388? I think wea are about to order some from him.
  • Options
    We have decided to use 14389. First round was unsuccessful. We will start round 2 of IUI in early January.
  • Options
    Hey ShalDr1234! I'm on my first IUI with 14389, well surge shot is Monday the 9th so either Tuesday or Wednesday hopefully. I wish you the best of luck! How was his sperm count and motility?
  • Options
    Hey there PookieLutz, how exciting! My wife and I also saw the doctor today and my wife received an HCG trigger shot. We have an appointment tomorrow for an IUI procedure. Looks like you and my wife are on the same schedule!! Best of luck to you!!
  • Options
    Well we went to the doctor today for our 4th attempt, but 2nd attempt with 14389. Post wash, sperm count was 84 million and motility was 26.4%. Out of the motile sperm, 39% were moving in the right direction. Best of luck to you. Looking forward to hearing back and seeing how things went for you.
  • Options
    ShalDr1234 - sending positive baby vibes your way!!! So excited for you. Those are ideal motility numbers, right? This is our first time - our trigger shot should be tomorrow if everything goes as planned making our IUI on Tuesday. So eager and anxious! Praying for you!
  • Options
    PookieLutz - Those are good fertility numbers. I'm curious to see what numbers you get. I wonder how much it differs per sample and per the lab. We are now half way through our two week wait and trying to remain calm. This is our 4th attempt, so we try not to get our hopes up. Best of luck, we are praying for you too!
  • Options
    ShalDr1234 - so good to hear from you! Feel free to email me at kara.lutz@wellsfargo.com
    So yay! the IUI was yesterday at 3pm - I was a lil crampy afterwards and crampy this morning but it went really well. Painless and happened so quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't get numbers specific to the swimmers. I know the office I'm going to washes the sperm but they don't get specific numbers. She said they just make sure that there are plenty of good swimmers which was pretty disappointing but I'm trying to remain positive. I trust my doctor's office but I was looking forward to hearing the numbers. How is your wife feeling? What date is your blood work??
    <3 sending good happy vibes your way!
  • Options
    We are currently looking to purchase donor 14389. Have you had any luck with him? How have his sperm count and motility been? We are newbies at this, any information would be helpful.
  • Options
    Hi @bluecrush,
    I'm not sure how to answer this. The first month we tried with him, we were unsuccessful and the clinic we used the first month didn't give numbers as far as motility and numbers. Our second attempt with him was this month. Unfortunately his numbers were only 5 million - the doctor said that that's all it really takes, but California Cryobank will give us a refund for this month if our results do not end in a pregnancy. My beta was this morning and I have to wait until this afternoon for the results. Now we're not sure if we should switch donors or not if we get a negative. This is all so stressful!!