Options

First IUI tomorrow!!

I am sooo excited,yet nervous! I just can't believe its finally happening! Does anyone know what the hours on the weekend at Fenway are? Very curious I have to work. I dont want to stress about the time frame they do inseminations?? Anyone have any insight? thank you !

Comments

• Options
    Chatty,

Do you mean Fenway in Boston? I am also going through this process and live in Boston. Not sure about the hours if so but would love to chat. I am going through Brigham and Women's Hosp and love my RE but I have to say, it much more expensive there. I am coming up on the end of my 2ww for my 3rd attempt, appt on Tuesday with my RE.
    Good Luck and hope to hear from you. My email is Jennifer7170@msn.com.
  • Options
    Hello Chatty and Jennifer,

I am also in Boston. Also with Brigham Womens. Jennifer - are you finding BW to be helpful? I'm getting ready for my third IUI.
  • Options
    Pinkcloud,

How funny, we are at the same clinic. I see Dr.Ashby as my RE but have met several of the docs since I just had my 3rd about 2 weeks ago. Are they helpful? That's a tough question. I love Dr.Ashby but I think that they are very expensive since my insurance doesn't cover anything until I have done 6 cycles of IUI. Are you doing the 2 back to back? I am which makes it more. I find that they are not as flexible about the timing for the IUI as they make you call before 9am and only do them at noon, then you have to wait. Well, I will be there on Tuesday to discuss getting more aggressive if I get a BFN. I am currently 10 dpiui. When are you going? Let's chat more, maybe we can meet for coffee or hot choco? I am in the South ENd. My email is Jennifer7170@msn.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Jen
  • Options
    Hi Jen,

I am with Dr. Anchan, who I love. I've had two failed IUIs and will go in for my third in about 10 days. My dr. told me that one IUI is really sufficient and he urged me to do just one. Which I thought was interesting. Another dr. who did my second IUI said the same thing. My FSH is high - 20 and it is not looking great for me, but I did have a pregnancy and miscarriage at 10 weeks this summer/fall (I was in a relationship back then) so who knows. Dr. Anchan told me to take DHEA supplements to "energize" my eggs and I am also doing acupuncture. Have you tried either of these?

I am in Back Bay and it would be fun to meet for coffee or hot choco!

Kate
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have been working with Fenway Health in Boston. I have found the staff to be very friendly and flexible. I did my IUI at 330 on a Saturday. Does not sound like some Re are so flexible?? They charge $250 per insemination. I had a good amount of pressure/cramping for the rest of the night. Is this normal? I am so excited!! Any info is much appreciated.....1 day down...13 more to go!! lol
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have been working with Fenway Health in Boston. I have found the staff to be very friendly and flexible. I did my IUI at 330 on a Saturday. Does not sound like some Re are so flexible?? They charge $250 per insemination. I had a good amount of pressure/cramping for the rest of the night. Is this normal? I am so excited!! Any info is much appreciated.....1 day down...13 more to go!! lol
  • Options
    Chatty good morning,

Congrat!! try to stay busy bacuase those 2ww are mentally challanging. From day 2 I am having bloating and pelvic pressure/cramps attacks. I don't know if its from the IUI/conception or from stress/excitement...I relaxed the who week after the iui and its back to reality tomorrow. In the morning I am going for my progesterone levels and hope its high!!
    Then expecting BFP the following weekend!!!!
    Have a great sunday!
    dra
  • Options
    Hi DrA,

I am hoping that you have great progesterone levels tomorrow! You have to let me know how it turns out!! And I'm hoping you get your BFP next weekend!
  • Options
    Kate,

I am right in the South ENd so YES, let's definitely get together! I have not met Dr.Anchan yet but love Dr.Ashby. Funny, they have been doing the back to back IUIs but sort of just told me that I can do whichever I want, obviously cheaper to do 2. I'm not sure what to think, I guess I feel like doing everything possible can't hurt.

Yes, I have had 4 acupuncture treatments, all fairly recent. I can refer you to my girl. SHe is amazing and does a lot of acupuncture for fertility. She is at Pathways to Wellness on Washington St. in the S.End, her name is Christina Dea. I am also taking DHEA, they come with the prenatal vitamins that i bought, I think they are the "One a Day" brand.

Email me at Jennifer7170@msn.com and we can plan to get together for coffee or lunch/dinner or something.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jen
  • Options
    DrA, We should really get together. I am also in Boston as well as Pinkcloud (Kate). I am praying for you to get a BFP! I am seeing my RE tomorrow but don't think I am currently pregnant. We are going to get more aggressive next time.

Email me at the above address and lets make a plan, it would be great to have the support and so close by.

Jen
  • Options
    Oops, sorry DrA, I got confused with who's who and realized that you are not in Boston, chatty is! Ugh, sorry but let's definitely keep in touch!
  • Options
    Hi Jennifer
    So did you go for an IUI this month as well ? I have to say I feel very bloated ?? Not sure what that is all about ? Ive read it seems pretty normal. 2ww is going ok thus far (3 days down)lol. Next week I am sure I will change my tune.
    I live on the south shore. One of these days when the crazy weather gets better we should meet up. All all is well with you IUI ladies. Good luck to all
    chatty(Kathleen)
  • Options
    Pinkcloud(Kate),

I am checking in to see how you are doing? I saw Dr.Ashby on Tuesday and cried a ton but she is so wonderful and now I am going to try #4 using Femara. I also went and got DHEA although the nurse never called me back to ask Dr.Ashby about it, I figured if Dr.Anchan recommended it to you, it can't hurt! Send me an email so that we can keep in touch and meet up outside of this site. Hope for 3rd time charm for you!!

Jen
  • Options
    Chatty (Kathleen),

How's the 2ww going?? Ugh to this freakin snow! I am at work in the ER and actually got a ride hear from the Boston Police :-) Let me know how it's going!! Email me at my email address on prior posts.

Jen
  • Options
    Its going...weird day !! I know its all in my head,but I was shoveling today and got so sick (thought I was going to vomit)and shaky had to go in..had not eaten yet so I am not sure what happened. This 2ww is going fairly quick. I think the 2nd week will be tough. So what do you do in the er ?
  • Options
    Good evening,

This 2ww adventure turned to painfull days. Today I found out that all the pain I have is due to bad bladder infection and not the iui, and also I have a huge cyst. They put me on antibiotics for a week. I was worry about all those tests and US but they said it won't hurt the process. Trying to be positive and hoping for BFP next week. Please cross your fingures for me.
    Good Night!
  • Options
    I'm praying for you Dr. A.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you DrA.
  • Options
    Let us all have a blessed weekend! Hope we all get good news!!
  • Options
    Hello Everyone!

Enjoy reading your posts. I hope all is going well for you all. I am in Southern California, 41 and single with no time to waste. This whole process is exciting and scary. Ovearall, I am very excited. January was pretty much about getting all of the pre-testing done and it's looking ok but my RE wanted to take an aggressive approach due to my low egg count and my age. I had never tried to get pregnant before because I was waiting to do things the "right" way with Mr. Right... stupid me!! Now here I am in a panic but very excited. I am on day three of Follistim injections. I am simply amazed that I can actually stand there and give myself an injection. Who would have known that I could put my "big girl panties" on and give myself the shots and plan on having a baby all alone. LOL! I go back to my RE on Friday for an ultra sound to measure the growth of myh follicles. I suppose I will have my first IUI at the later part of next week. I am very hopeful. I have shared this with a few close friends but not my family. I am waiting to give them the news once I AM pregnant. They are going to be thrilled. Blessings to us all!!
  • Options
    I had my first IUI yesterday. I am so relieved to hear that the cramping/pressure was normal. So just another 13 days before taking the pregnancy test, which is just a little bizarre to me...the whole process is scary and exciting. Glad to be part of this forum!
  • Options
    Ginya good morning,

So happy for you and wishing you good luck. My RE office ask me to test 16 days past the LH surge. Thant way no false positive.
    Good Luck!!