Options

3rd Time's A Charm?!?!

Well...after 2 negative IUI cycles, my wife and I find ourselves in the beginning stage of cycle #3! This time around, our Dr. upped our Clomid dosage to 150mg (from 100mg) and we are using Pregnyl trigger shot again (used Ovidrel on first cycle; Dr. didn't like so switched us to Pregnyl for the second). Tonight is night 3 of Clomid...and we have a follicle check on Friday 5/22! Fingers crossed that the 3rd time really is the charm! Has anybody out there been successful on their 3rd IUI cycle?!?!

BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! So frustrating it better be a charm lol. Can u tell me y pregnyl instead of ovidrel I've used ovidrel but don't know how well it's working. I'm also third day of meds.
  • Options
    SammyS...

How are you holding up?!? The third time is going to be a charm...for both of us!! During our first cycle, I used the Ovidrel(had 3 mature follicles at time of trigger). 7dpiui, my progesterone came back in at 10.2..which wasn't terribly low, it was within the normal range for an unmedicated cycle, but I had taken 100mg of Clomid so they wanted to see it above 15. So, for cycle two they switched me to Pregnyl. My progesterone came back at 19.6, so it indicated I had a much better ovulation (and that cycle I only had one mature follicle). Dr. kept us with Pregnyl this time around as well! What medication are you taking? Do you do 1 or 2 IUI per cycle? We do 2, one at 24 hours post trigger and the other is 48 hours post trigger...clearly that hasn't done the trick...YET!!

Tomorrow I have my follicle check...and with lots of luck we will trigger!!! Paying for lots of mature follies just ready to go!!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you this cycle....Don't stress! Know that it will happen! Keep me updated!

BABY DUST!
  • Options
    Hey Wally,
    We are back at it again and are in the tww of cycle 4. Some people get it right away and I guess some take longer. We have done the HSG test, changed from clomid to fermera and have changed donors... so now we wait.... Hope it works for us. So frusterating and emotionally draining.
  • Options
    MelnErin...

Crazy to think we are all still in this journey! We took a month break after the second BFN hoping it may help us to 'recharge'. I went in for follie check today, have two on my left and one on my right...The Dr. thinks we will get both from the left, but they still have some growing to do. Took 150mg of Clomid this time; surprisingly my lining was at 7mm! Thank gosh! I personally don't think Clomid is the right medication for me....first cycle the follicles took forever to grow and even stopped growing and actually went a little backwards at one point...second cycle only 1 follie at 26mm (which I think was too big) and this time slow growers again! I hope to move onto maybe a hybrid cycle of oral and injectables if Heaven forbid there be a next round! I know we will get preggo...I just have to keep reminding myself this is a numbers game.....! Are you guys currently in your TWW?!? How are you guys holding up?

Just remember...good things come to those who wait...you girls got this!! BABY DUST.....!

Courtney
  • Options
    Hi Courtney
    I don't go in till Tuesday to check how the meds worked...I am on my last night of 100mg clomid! I have take. Clomid before didn't like it took femara that didn't do the trick either so hoping one more try with a new donor and upped the clomid will make this happen..also I did a back to back iui the first try then one the second and one this time. It would be so great if we all can get BFPs this cycle!
  • Options
    @ SammyS...How did you apt go yesterday?!!? LOTS of mature follies ready to trigger?!?! Fingers and toes crossed for you! We ended up inseminating yesterday! Normally we do 2 back to back IUIs; however with Monday being a holiday our RE was closed. Of course we were ready to go on Sunday LOL...1 at 20mm; two others at 14...they felt if they held us off we could naturally start to surge. So we triggered Sunday night and IUI yesterday 36 hours post trigger. Fingers crossed this was our cycle! :) Can't wait to hear about your apt!

BABY DUST!
    Courtney
  • Options
    Courtney
    Hi so I went in again on Thursday and I had one maturing he said it was only 16mm so he had me wait to tonight to trigger. But really late because I am not getting home till late so I will go in on Monday afternoon for iui...... I am so nervous this time! I really need and want this to work because I love our donor and I'm so nervous about the timing this time. I feel like it's more of a guessing game this cycle then ever. I hope he didn't wait to long to do this iui. Good luck to both of us
  • Options
    So I hope this third time is truly a charm because it would be so special. I knew I ovulated before iui and had ultrasound to hope that I didn't but I was right hopefully I just did at least so the swimmers can meet up with my egg. I can't wait for the tww to be over hopefully with great news. Good luck everyone
  • Options
    Hey Courtney,

How is the wait going? You are one week in, right?

Sending you baby dust!

Rebecca
  • Options
    Well...9dpiui today!!!! Getting there! I am growing anxious! We have stayed away from POAS with our other TWWs, but I think we may just go ahead and do it this time around! I am thinking Sunday...BETA is Monday! Fingers and toes are crossed! I had my progesterone drawn this past Monday...it came back 26.2! Dr. loved it, especially considering I only had 1 mature follie! No Crinone for me :)

@ Sammy S-how are you feeling?!? When is your BETA?

@pols12-How are you and wife & DD? How is your pregnancy coming along?!?! I am still on cloud nine for you guys!!!!! Hoping this is it for both of us!! :)

BABY DUST!!!!!
    Courtney
  • Options
    Hi Courtney
    I'm only 4dpiui so I will take a home pregnancy test in as many days I can hold out for probably around 10dpiui. And since I am thinking positive because this has to be the successful iui and it has to have worked I will go in for beta in 10 days to confirm it worked. ;)
  • Options
    Well BETA tomorrow! Fingers and toes crossed that it brings us AMAZING NEWS!!

@ SammyS-How are you holding up?! Any symptoms?!?! You are almost half way through the TWW! Fingers crossed I bring us the 3rd time's a charm luck tomorrow...and you follow suit the next week!

@pols-How are you feeling?!?! Feeling crazy pregnant yet?!?! :)

BABY DUST LADIES!
  • Options
    Hi Courtney! I am thinking about you guys today! And sending you positive thoughts and baby dust! My fingers are crossed for you! Did you end up taking a HPT?

As for me, I am just over 6 weeks and the exhaustion and nausea have just set in this weekend. I am hoping that is a good sign of a sticky baby...no complaining here! We have our first ultrasound on Wednesday! I can barely wait. My beta numbers doubled very nicely, but we still lower and slower than with DD, so I have been worried/paranoid. Fingers crossed that all looks good on Wednesday.

Funny enough, with our first, I was worried about anything bad happening, but this time I am analyzing and over analyzing every thing I feel and don't feel! Would have thought it would be mentally easier this time, but so far, that is not the case. I think that is because I look into my little girl's eyes and know the true gift that she is...and I know how blessed we will be again, if everything works out this time!

Anyway, enough about be...good luck today! And sticky baby dust to everyone else currently waiting!

Rebecca
  • Options
    Rebecca,

Well...unfortunately for us, this wasn't our cycle either :( We got our BFN on Monday followed by AF arrival the same day. We ended up not POAS and just did the BETA. Had ultrasound yesterday so we can start cycle 4! Starting Clomid tonight...go in on the 19th for follicle check....

I just know in my heart you have a sticky bean in there! EVERYTHING will be just perfect for you guys! I love hearing you talk about your DD...and I pray that someday I will get to experience that same joy. This whole process is such an emotional rollercoaster, and I am sure it continues into pregnancy and beyond....How was your ultrasound today?!! So excited to hear!!

BABY DUST,
    Courtney
  • Options
    Hi Courtney,

I am so sorry to hear that your 3rd attempt was not the one. I am glad to know that you guys are getting ready for this next month! I wish you all the best.

Unfortunately for us, the ultrasound was not good. It appears as though I have a blighted ovum, basically an empty gestational sac. We are considering getting a second look, but we have both pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that is pregnancy will not result in a child for us. We also need to decide if we want the miscarriage to happen naturally or via D&C. We can barely believe what is happening, nevertheless attempt to make such an important decision.

Thankfully, we are so blessed to have our sweet DD, who will be our saving grace through this process.

Best of luck and baby dust to you!

Rebecca
  • Options
    Rebecca,

My heart goes out to you and your wife...I cannot even imagine how you two must feel. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you can find comfort in one another and of course DD in this difficult time. Please let me know how you all are holding up...

HUGS AND BABY DUST,
    Courtney
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Just checking on everyone...

pols-how are you all holding up? You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Sammy-How is your journey going? Any updates?

Well...I have some news to share...we finally got our BFP on our 4th cycle! We had BETA yesterday to confirm...Fingers crossed things continue to go as they should.

Sending hugs and baby dust your way...
    Courtney