Options

results

negative :-(

I am brokenhearted. I know it was only my first try, but my doctor doesn't see any fertility issues, I had a good ovulation surge and a trigger shot and the sample was excellent. Obviously, I will keep trying but I am so disappointed because I stayed so upbeat and positive during the 2ww and was convinced it had worked.

Comments

• Options
    I was following your posts and waiting to see what happened - had my fingers crossed for you!
    I had my first IUI (back to back) right before the new year (though I had a less than ideal sample) and I was hoping you were going to be a good sign!

There's alwasy next month, right? Chin up! You get what you put out and certainly with all your positivity it will come back at you soon! :) Keep us posted.
  • Options
    thank you. as my cousin told me, I will get the baby God intends for me and whoever I may have conceived this month is not who God had in mind. Good luck to you and let me know your outcome!
  • Options
    I am sorry, hon. I'm with jdetlef187, though- with such a clean bill of health and such a positive outlook, I'm sure it will take in no time.

I've got my next try coming up next week. I too have no fertility issues, so I have big hopes for myself as well. ;-)

Good luck to you also, jdetlef187!
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that!!! Good luck for the NEAR future -- it will happen soon, I am sure :)

I am checking mine in a week... :O
  • Options
    eeh876 have you done medicated or non-medicated? My first was non but my doctor has put me on Clomid this time just to increase the chances.
  • Options
    jaimec-
    My other post probably answered your question. ;-) My doc wanted me to try a few unmedicated (I did 3) and then move on to Clomid. I got in too late to start Clomid on my last cycle, so I did one more unmedicated.

I took a month off (the last few weeks of teaching before break are always so busy!), and then started my Clomid round. The nurse that did my ultrasound today set me up for trigger on Sun. and IUI on Tuesday. I had three good sized follicles, so she is pretty optimistic. Yay!
  • Options
    I'll be praying for you eeh876! I only did one round unmedicated and luckily my timing is right this month...I start the Clomid tomorrow.
    If I am calculating right, I'll be doing my next IUI something the week of the 16th.
    baby dust to you!!
  • Options
    jaimec, I feel like we're old pals by now. I'm sorry about your negative test results.

How's it going with the clomid? Any side effects? I had some but they weren't bad at all. A few headaches, a little nausea, tired and once or twice I had a hot flash.

Good luck, I'm pulling for you!
  • Options
    Jaimec,
    Sorry to hear about the negative results. I was hoping you would have good luck.

It looks like we will be having IUIs around the same time this month. Mine should be around the 14th. I am taking Femara which is similar to Clomid. My doctor upped my dosage this month since last time it only gave me one good follicle. I am hoping for more this month and have high hopes. Are you having any side effects from the Clomid? So far, the femara has been good to me. The only thing it has caused is my breasts are really tender.
  • Options
    kaylababy - i feel like old pals too!!! yours worked this month right? how exciting!!
    I'm only on day 3 (of 5) of clomid so I am not feeling any side effects. My doctor is very hopeful this will give me the jump start I need!
  • Options
    Well, back in the 2ww. The nurse told me she said a special little prayer as she sent my little swimmers in this time- so sweet! While I am ready to move on to the next phase of all this, I will miss these wonderful people that are helping me work towards my dream!

Muza- did you test?!

Kaylababy- I hope things are going well!

Jaimec and austingurl- keep us posted when you start your 2ww!
  • Options
    jaimec, yes it worked!!!! So excited but so nervous now. Afraid to allow myself to get too excited though. I traded one thing to worry about for another. I've been going to the Drs every couple of days for bloodwork and those days are the longest ever waiting for the results. So far my numbers have been really good. I have an ultrasound on 1/18 which puts me at 6 weeks.

eeh876-The 2ww is always the longest two weeks ever. It's like time stands still.

Good luck to all. You're in my thoughts!
  • Options
    so excited for you kaylababy!!!!
  • Options
    Awesome, kaylababy! It is so amazing to see the run of BFPs on here- it helps to keep me going!

I'm so glad to see your numbers are good so far. Sooo happy for you!
  • Options
    No luck this month. For a minute I got really worried -- what if it never happens... Now, clearly, ready for the next round. Doctor still wants to try unmedicated one more time. Changing my donor to a cuter younger one :)
  • Options
    Muza - I have that thought every single day. How many rounds have you done unmedicated? I only did the first and then was on Clomid this time....not sure if it's the Clomid or the whole process but my emotions are out of control!!
  • Options
    I have not thought that much about the negative outcome as I believe it will turn out well -- for all of use, at some point! Miracle will happen :)

I have done one, so this will be my second attempt, and doctor said to try unmedicated one more time. Waiting for my CMV test results before I can order -- found a couple of interesting donors, both with CMV positive :(
  • Options
    "for all of us", not "use", sorry for typo
  • Options
    I guess my only negative thought was because I was SO postivie it would happen the first time. Of course, I'll still be disappointed if it doesn't happen this time but I'm also concerned about how much this is costing me!