Options

Anyone had multiple chemical pregnancies?

I am 34 and have never TTC before. In January we met with a great Re and had the full work up of ultrasound, bloodwork and an HSG. She said everything appeared beautiful and she wanted me pregnant in 2 cycles. Bam next month I got a BFP after the first IUI. Then BFN just a couple days later...so I had a chemical pregnancy (miscarriage b4 a heartbeat). We assumed it could be a fluke thing and tried the next month. Bam BFP again with positive bloodwork...seemed to be progressing. Then again the phone call that betas are dropping and I will lose it again at 5 1/2 weeks. I absolutly love my donor and heard he had successful pregnancies. I know of course that something could be wrong with me, but I have also heard that sometimes 2 peoples DNA just doesn't match that well. I am surprisingly optimistic considering the last 2 months have been an emotional hell of highs and lows. I am thinking of switching donors for 1 cycle just to see if it happens again and I may be the cause. I am just curious if this has happened to anyone and what you decided to do and what the outcome has been?? Any comments or suggestions would be GREAT...I am just so confused and grasping at every straw of hope. Good luck and baby dust to all of you TTC!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    I too am 35 and have never TTC before. Got checked out by my RE and got a BFP on the first try. My first bloodwork came back at 44 which was low but it almost tripled in less than 2 days to 130. I wasn't prego for 2 full weeks before I m/c. Went in for more bloodwork and u/s when I began to bleed and it was all the way down to 16. I've got 2 vials left of my chosen donor and I'm praying to God that this doesn't happen again on round 2. You are absolutely right, the highs and lows are terrible! After this happened I read all I could about miscarriages. From what I understand if it happens once or twice it's just 'bad luck' but if you have a third, there's likely something wrong. M/C stats are surprisingly high and a lot of women have them. I'm hoping mine was just a fluke too. I'm waiting for my next day 1 to start counting but have no idea how long it will take. My system seems to move slow... How long did it take for your next day 1 after both of yours?
  • Options
    Hi MGALBN...Sorry it took me sooo long to respond. I wrote this post the day after I got the call about the betas and had not even lost it yet. I am on CD8 today with the m/c. I went in for bloodwork on CD2 and my beta was still at 7. So they want it to be zero and I have to sit out this round for my body to heal and get my cycle back on track. I have also read so much and am also surprised how common they are. Hopefully we got ours out of the way up front so that we carry happy healthy babies our next round!! Have you started your CD1 yet??
  • Options
    Not yet and it's driving me nuts! I'm 3 weeks out from when I lost it and still waiting. I hope we got both of ours out of the way too! I've been stressed out at work which I'm sure isn't helping much. My numbers dropped pretty quick from 130 to the 40's down to 4 in less than a week. RE is willing to give me something to jumpstart me but I'd much rather let nature take it's course. I might have to do it tho if I don't start in another week! I only have so much patience!!! Hope things speed up for you too!
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant 130 to 16 to 4 in less than a week....
  • Options
    Cd2! Start my chlomid tomorrow!!! :)
  • Options
    Yay!!! This is your month for a sticky baby!! I can't remember...is this your first month on fertility meds? I got the green light that my betas were negative last week and we were ready to start next cycle. 2 days later I got a call from a nurse saying the Dr. reviewed my file and doesn't feel comfortable moving forward without talking about the 2 m/c. I have done the last 2 cycles natural so I hope we can move forward w meds. I pray she doesn't say IVF or to give up yet. I discovered in this process that I am lactose intolerant and I believe that may have played a part. We are switching donors and have my digestive system all fixed...finally after 4 years...and we are ready to go!! My appt with the RE is May 17 so I will let you know. My appt is so far away I may have to skip 2 cycles but I hope not. It's our turn to share good news on this forum. Keep me posted n good luck!!!!
  • Options
    You're darn right it's our turn for good news!!! :)

I'm on cd10 and have an U/S scheduled for Wednesday to judge when I should take the trigger shot. I was on meds the first try and I'm on meds for the second (and final:). That would really stink to have to wait TWO more cycles, hope it goes quicker for you!

Good luck, keep me posted. Hopefully you won't have to IVF yet, it's so pricey... Sticky baby dust to you!!! I'll try to post on here afte my U/S...
  • Options
    2 great looking follies! Took my trigger shot and now my IUI is in the morning, sooooo excited!
  • Options
    Yay!!! I hope it went well...maybe twins this round?? You never know, right?? Today is my CD1.
    I really do not want to skip another cycle waiting for my RE to say IVF this coming Tuesday. Do you think I am crazy?? I went to see my regular gyno who began helping us with this process back in August. She said that every month is precious and gave me a low dose 50mg Clomid and told us to try at home ICI. She said our chances are actually increased because I was pregnant last month so the lower chance ICI along with Clomid just may work. I figure if I don't ICI I have 0% of getting pregnant so how can it hurt. I just hope I don't piss off my RE or get ovarian cysts. I hope this TWW flys by for you with a huge BFP waiting at the end!!!! Keep me posted!! :-)
  • Options
    Wow... I know ICIs have much lower stats but I think you did the right thing getting the second opinion and your odds are upped with the meds... baby dust!!

I would not be opposed to twins at all! I'm not out seeking multiples, but if it happens it would be a blessing!
  • Options
    How is the TWW going? I am sure you are going crazy, but hopefully not. Are you having any symptoms yet? Just met with my RE and am very excited. She doesn't seem worried about the 2 early pregnancy loss. She said if we were a hetero couple we may never know. She did say that getting pregnant is a great sign. We did bloodwork to check for some possible reasons, but she believes it was just my digestive upset. I am going to a gastro Dr. and am having a battery of tests instead of trying the ICI this month. I am in a hurry to get the show on the road, but I need to make sure the rest of the body is perfect before moving forward. I hope all my testing comes back great and I just have to modify my diet. We will see. Good luck and keep me posted!
  • Options
    I am going INSANE!!! I have to talk myself out of testing too early every morning since it's just a waste of testers. I'm not even speaking about symptoms as to not jinx myself, I know that's silly...

Hope your test went ok, any results yet?
  • Options
    When I first read your response I was like "gee its been a while she should know by now....it's ONLY been 7 days". Wow if it feels like forever for me you must be going bananas. The upside is you only have a few more days. I don't think its silly. The time I was not pregnant I had a ton of symptoms and realized that the mind is sooo powerful. The last 2 when I was pregnant I knew I had real symptoms like swollen breasts that my mind couldn't imagine. I still kept it to myself so I wouldn't be dissapointed if I didn't get a BFP. I should get results back from all my tests by the end of next week, so I pray that everything is normal.
  • Options
    Wait... I think I hear the clock ticking on the wall. UGH!!!! Lord grant me patience to not pee on a stick too soon!!!