Options

Im ready....!!

Im 30 and very happy with me and I have established myself and know who I am. I have dreamt about having a family of my own all my life. I knew I wanted children since I was like 16. And here I am 30 been divorced, had relationships that go on for years and then amount to nothing but wasted time (maybe still a learning experience). Needless to say, I dont think that I should have to give up on my motherhood dream because society says I should be married. Furthermore, with the clock still ticking years are flying by; I just feel like I am running out of time to meet a good man and then plan kid one let alone more. Im reaching out here because I no longer need talked in or out of anything, I just need to understand the right steps to do this safe and effectively. Please offer any advice

Comments

• Options
    Congrats!!! I made the same decision as you but I made it at 40....you are already a step ahead! Getting sperm from a reputable bank is key. Also setting expectations that this could be a long journey. I am 7 months into my fertility treatments and still not pregnant. I have an embryo transfer Monday so fingers crossed on that. What I did find was that there was no need to order a lot of vials. There are so many men that rotate on this site that I often found myself changing my mind :) I have tried 3 different donors and would have been happy with either one. But felt why not change it up if the chemistry just wasn't working :)

I really wished that I had asked for a lot more tests when starting out. I had 3 failed IUI's before my doctor performed a saline sonogram on my uterus and found I had a lot of polyps that needed to be surgically removed before I could carry a child. A lot of time with IUI's doctors are less aggressive. I would demand all the tests so that you know. Heck, my insurance didn't cover the IUI's or IVF, but they did all the procedures and surgery!! So I would ask for all of that up front before you start!

Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    Im with you ladies. In the same place as you and about to start the Hormone shots, by the way i ordered them from England and 1/3 the price. My doctor recommended it. so about to harvest 2x to get a lot of eggs out, 1 month shots, then one month rest then another month shots to get 10 good eggs and to save the rest for later if i want to use it for more children.here goes the fun! ill be a monster for the next 10days!