false positive?

Has anyone experienced a false positive before with a home urine test? I took a test last night which was positive and then this morning another test which was negative.

Comments

• I'm sorry that you experienced this...I know it must be confusing and painful. I have never had this happen to me, but I've read of others having this happen to them. You should check out twoweekwait.com's forums and you can do a search for false positives there. It may help you to understand more about it by hearing their stories.

Again, I'm sorry.

Misty and Carla
  • Mamabear,

Yes, this happened to me. On my first IUI I decided to test at home before going in for bloodwork. I tested 2 days prior to bloodwork and it was negative. Then I tested the night before going in for bloodwork and it was positive. I did not test at home again since I was getting bloodwork done the next morning. As you can imagine, I was shocked when I was told I was not pregnant. They even re-ran the bloodwork for me since I had a positive hpt.
  • ok will do...thank you!
  • It has happened to me twice....once last summer where I went in with a + HPT and the b/w was negative and then just this last month. This month, when I got a negative HPT the next day, I just skipped the b/w and waited for AF. In between those two I did have an ectopic pregnancy. My RE thinks the false positives could be chemical pregnancies which fail very early. With the ectopic I had very faint HPT's and refused to go in for b/w until I had a positive digital. I know how frustrating it is but take it as a good sign that your body is trying to get pregnant. I would ask your doctor for their thoughts on it as well.