Options

please help....

I have just started looking through the different data-bases (cryobank, Cryogenic , fairfaxcryobank).

It feels over whelming! Any of you have experienced with any of this different sperm banks or others? my doctor recommends anyone of these.

When i read about the different donors, its very dry to read. It feels cold to just read the profiles. (like, eye color, hair, job, etc) i know there is a lot more info on the donors now then years before, but it seems so hard to go through the process and still not know who i am getting. It scares me. Have anyone of you have also experience this feelings?

Comments

• Options
    Hi nbp,

Yes, I did find the process of choosing a donor overwhelming and a spent a LOT of time (and money) on it, looking at donor profiles from various banks. I liked that Fairfax had adult photos, but aside from that, I got a better feeling about CCB than any of the others I looked at. I thought the staff descriptions of the donor from CCB seemed more down-to-earth than from the other banks (some of the other banks' profiles seemed too gushing and made me wonder how much I could rely on them, especially regarding appearance).

I also found the customer service people at CCB very helpful with the process -- I called multiple times for more information about various donors I was considering and found their descriptions of the donors' appearances to be helpful.

Finally, once I figured out which donors looked best on paper, I always purchased the audio because I think that provides a little more insight into the whole person.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision! I know what you mean about always wanting more info, but at this point, I feel like I have the best I'm going to get without actually meeting the donor himself.
  • Options
    I also found the process of choosing a donor overwhelming. But in choosing a bank, we knew we wanted to use one that was highly recommended. We have friends that used CCB, and friends of friends who have children from CCB donors. We've only heard great reviews.

The donor search... exciting yet overwhelming. But once you get passed the standard physical attributes, medical records, and start reading a little deeper into the donor profile, you start getting a sense who they are. Especially when you get the baby picture and the audio interview. I also found that the staffs impression tells a lot about the donor. If the staff, doesn't say much about the donor that just says that the donor didn't have much of an impression. But, I found that other times, they would say a lot about a donor.

Finally, when you've narrowed down the top 3 donors, ask the ladies on this forum for the additional information. A lot of ladies are willing to share.

Good luck!