Options

no story or baby pic

Hello, I have been TTC with 11541 and I was wondering why he still doesn't have a baby pic up. He has been a donor for over a year the best I can tell and he doesn't have any little story about him on the first page. Is that a possibility? I just like to read them. Also it would be nice to note if you could start putting CMV status in the search criteria. Its a little disappointing to find all of these guys only to find that they are positive and you are negative. Any chance that will get added?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi gale -

Supplying a baby photo is optional for the donors. We try very hard to get as many as we can. Unfortunately, 11541 has opted not to give us one.

We do not offer CMV as a search criteria because we feel it can be misleading and scare clients away from some excellent donors. There is no medical reason to only choose a CMV negative donor if you are negative. Being CMV positive simply means the donor was exposed at some point to CMV and now carry anti-bodies (similar to chicken pox). CMV positive donors do not have an active infection. It is estimated that ver half the adult population of the US is CMV positive.

I will be happy to get the Up Close and Personal done for this donor ASAP.

Happy holidays,

Scott
  • Options
    Thanks Scott. I was just told by my doctor that I should get a CMV negative person because it "could" cause some trouble with the pregnancy. I just didn't want to take any chances. I look forward to seeing his up close and personal!
  • Options
    You should always follow your doctor's advice. Please keep in mind that if we thought a CMV positive donor put you or your future baby at risk we would not offer them. The American Society of Reproductive Medicine has never suggested that CMV negative recipients should avoid CMV positive sperm donors.

His Up Close is on the website. Enjoy. :-)

Good luck,

Scott
  • Options
    I found it thanks!
  • Options
    You're welcome. :-)