Options

Anyone Bay Area and Single? I'd love to connect...

Hi all,

I'm 36 and single, and with some fertility issues have to pull the trigger on this. It's lonely - it's SO weird choosing a donor. Like online dating but... with sperm?! I dunno - I'm very overwhelmed and would love to find more singles doing this themselves in the Bay Area who would want to talk about all the issues. What family and friends think, picking a donor, going through cycles, etc.

Anyone here want to form a community? Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I get what your going through! As for me I gave up
    On men recently because I'm tired of the b.s.! At the same time I truly do want to have a couple kids of my own! So I Google sperm bank and found this one! I'm actually afriad to tell others because they are going to think I'm crazy!! I agree with you when looking for a donor because you want to make sure you pick the right guy!

I would love to form a community!

I look forward to getting a response from you!!

Natalie
  • Options
    Hi, I get what your going through! As for me I gave up
    On men recently because I'm tired of the b.s.! At the same time I truly do want to have a couple kids of my own! So I Google sperm bank and found this one! I'm actually afriad to tell others because they are going to think I'm crazy!! I agree with you when looking for a donor because you want to make sure you pick the right guy!

I would love to form a community!

I look forward to getting a response from you!!

Natalie
  • Options
    I feel the same way single but no mingling, ready to start a family on my own tired of the games! It's so hard picking a guy thinking what if i find the one some day, my child doesn't fit in race wise at all.
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm in SF and 41. I'm doing this by myself and so far the hardest part has been picking a sperm bank and donor! I had 22 eggs frozen at 39 1/2. Now, there are so many steps to this part of the process. It's hard to talk to friends and close family about it because I don't want to be that person who's constantly talking about IVF to them. :) Otherwise, all is good, just the irony of having to search online for "Mr. Right" after I basically gave up on doing that in real life recently to have a first child on my own. Ha! Would love to connect! Christy
  • Options
    Hello beautiful ladies!
    Oh, I wish I lived in SF to be able to meet up with you. I live in Wisconsin. Fortunately though, my family and friends are extremely supportive of my decision and are excited to help me raise my future child. I was 32 when I first decided this was something that I wanted to do. I remember being nervous telling my family. I spoke from my heart and was shocked by their immediate supportive reaction. I tried IUI 2 times; once with and once without medication. Both times were unsuccessful. Then just before my 3rd try, I accepted a new job, which required me to delay the process. During this time, I also became the single parent to my niece who was 6mo old when she came to live with me. I've had her for 1 year now and feel ready to expand my family. It's been a really interesting road to say the least. I will resume treatment this month. I'm just waiting for my period to come on Tue. I will start with IUI with medication (low dose yet).

As for telling your friends and family, my advice is to speak from your heart. And trust me, it will be such a relief once they know. Your community of support will broaden in a flavorful way. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to find others going through the same process. However, it is also nice to share what your learning about the process with those who have not gone through it. And of course, it is interesting to hear what family members with differing view points have to say. Like my grandma who told me that there are more fun ways to accomplish this. Haha. Got to love grandmas!

Best of luck to you sweetie! Trust in the universe to bring you what you need at the right time and continue to foster life by treating yourself, others and your environment with love.

Michelle