Options

Just starting - did you do an in home or doc office? Any advice appreciated.

Hi Ladies!
I just took the first step - signed up for a profile here and made an appt with the Gyno. I'm 36 and I am a healthy woman. I am completely ready for this and I am trying to do my research. Can you tell me your experiences with in home or the doctor taking care of the insemination? I don't know which route to take and I'm scared to do the wrong thing! Tell me what you think...

Thank you so much. Reading this board has been really enlightening of the process. I appreciate you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi! I have a son by a previous relationship but I want another child and so I am going this route. Here is my story. Please feel free to ask any questions:

I asked my OB for a referral to an RE (Reproductive Endocrynologist - Fertility doctor) and that is who I am using. This way I can be monitored. I, too, am healthy and didn't have problems with my first son but I am 37. I found out immediately after starting with the RE that I had a blocked tube so that got cleared out.

I had my first IUI in Dec. I did get pregnant but it was ectopic and a very difficult process. I was given the thumbs up to start again and I just finished my round of Clomid on Sunday. They are monitoring me this week and I will probably do a trigger shot Thursday with IUI #2 on Friday. Then the 2 week wait.

I am a member of the national organization called Single Mothers By Choice. It is an AWESOME resource and will answer ALL the questions you have (ranging from stories of women going through your stage to women trying to conceive- not being able to conceive and trying adoption, etc). I highly recommend them and they also have local chapters so you have a group of women with kids (or some not as they may be in the planning stages) in your area!

I hope I was able to help!