Options

Returns

I purchased a couple of vials of a particular donor, but am second-guessing myself and am leaning towards a different donor.

The vials were already shipped to my doctor, because he thought we would need them imminently. I am on a bit of a delay and have time to purchase new vials.

I believe once they are shipped to your doctor, there are no returns. However, I see people selling their extra vials on the bulletin boards. Can I assume they must be stored with CCB? I am curious as to how this affects your ability to track family units supplied with a single donor. Along that same vein, can one purchaser have vials from two donors, simultaneously? That could muddy the waters for tracking as well, especially if they are doing home insemination.

What steps do I have to take to switch donors? Is there anything I can do to recoup some of my expenses?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi dmnyc -

Unfortunately, we can not buy back vials that have left the facility.

My advice would be to trust your first instinct. There was a reason you went with that donor out of the 300+ you had to choose from on the catalog. I promise, once you are pregnant you will never regret your decision.

In over 35 years, we have never had a client try and return a baby because she decided she had used the wrong donor. :-)

Seriously, please don't stress yourself out. You can certainly pick a new donor, but there is very little you can do to offset the cost since you are basically starting from scratch.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB