Options

First time success on my 5th IUI, first time with Donor 13353!

I am 39 years old. I am happy to report that I am pregnant for the first time in my life. I jsut found out today. I highly suggest going for up to six IUIs before going on to the very expensive and invasive IVF. I am living proof that just because you don't get pregnant the first three tries, doesn't mean you are not going to get pregnant by IUI. I wish myself a "sticky bean" as they say, and I wish you all lots and lots of baby dust! It can happen. My due date is a week after my 40th birthday. Thank you to all those who supported me on this board. I wish all the best. As you can tell, I'm pretty excited.

Comments

• Options
    Awesome. What a wonderful birthday present!
  • Options
    wow, congrats. Thanks for the hope, I had 2 failed IUI's and already giving up, lol. Did you have iui's back to back? also how was your AMH level? please please let me know, I need some more inspiration. I'm going to start my third IUI in January. again, may you have a smooth and happy pregnancy :))
  • Options
    Sweetheart congratulations again. We are the same age. I have had 2 m/c and will be doing IUI #5 in December. Your story helps to keep me going in my quest to motherhood. Here's wishing you loads of sticky baby dust. Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Sweety- I did back to back IUIs. Two days in a row. Took one prenatal vitamin and one baby aspirin a day, injectables, trigger shot. Don't know what Amh level is.
  • Options
    Also acupuncture right before insemination and after. Like the day before if not same day.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, this pregnancy just ended in miscarriage.
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear, Sweettheartt. We've had no luck yet either; it's so much harder than most people understand. I've heard that you're actually more likely to get pregnant after miscarriage, and am hoping this is true for you and you get good news soon. Hang in there, sister.
  • Options
    Hi Sweetheartt

I've been following many of your posts on the board and remember your name. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage and I echo herkellcor's sweet message to you. Wishing you the very best and a baby on your very next try!!
  • Options
    Thank you both. I had never been pregnant before so I was so excited. It does give me some comfort to think that maybe I can get pregnant again because I got pregnant once. I definitely felt proud that I "graduated" off of trying to get pregnant. Now to deal with the huge expense of sperm again is daunting. I'm hoping it will be a quick turn around time.
  • Options
    Yes, Sweetheartt! It is a huge expense -- though I actually read that some people deduct the cost of sperm and everything on taxes. Anyway, wishing you the best - and keep us all posted.