Options

Double shipping charges?

Just wondering if I order two vials next time (only did one this time, still waiting on the results), would the shipping charges be double the $170 I paid last time or is it less than that?

Txs,
CSS

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to add that the vials would be shipped to another sperm bank (it's my medical provider) and I usually order them early, so no rush charges are needed.

Now that I think of it, I was just checking the CC shipping fees page (still not sure about two vials) and it looks like I got charged $170 last time, I'm guessing, because it was 2-Day Economy Delivery. But I never requested that, as I had it sent early and it wasn't a rush. Any thoughts on that?

Txs,
    CSS
  • Options
    Hi CSS -

The shipping charge is the same regardless of how many vials you include in the shipment.

Yes, $170 is the 2-Day Economy rate. Your only choices for shipping are Priority Overnight or 2-Day Economy. Anything slower would not allow for the tank to arrive quickly enough to keep the vials frozen.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks, very much. That explains that. And I'll think about whether to order one or two vials next time.

--CSS
  • Options
    Please be sure to check with Client Services regarding vial availability when you order.

Donors tend to sell out fast and if you are only ordering one at a time there is always a chance you won't be able to get your #1 choice at some point.

Even more importantly, if having a second child in the future is even a remote possibility (I know it is early to think about it, but better to play it safe), make sure to purchase and store extra vials while you can. Our Family Today program provides free storage for extra vials. If you wait a year or two to order vials for a sibling, your donor is more than likely to be sold out. If you decide not to use the extra vials, we always offer the CCB Buy Back program. See the website for more details.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB