Options

To double IUI this month or not? HELP!

Hi-

Ok, so I am back after a month off. This is my 1st month with an RE, we are doing 200 mg Clomid, estradiol, ovulation shot and the yucky inserts for my lining. I go in Monday for ultrasound and expect to do an IUI Tuesday or Wednesday. The question is do one IUI or two? Obviously as I researched, it depends on what site you go to as to whether it increases your chances or not. But I need someone unbiased to tell me what they think, so I need your help.

Thanks,
Diana and Stacey

Comments

• Options
    Diana,

My RE never recommended it. She always stated that the increased chances of getting pregnant with 2 IUIs instead of 1 was very small and that it all went back to getting the timing right...

She always stated that 1 well timed IUI was just as successul as 2.

Good Luck!!
    Kimberly
  • Options
    Diana and Stacey:

My RE told me the exact same thing as Kimi's.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry, but my RE said the same thing as kimi723's and hill's.

Good luck!
  • Options
    My re said the opposite. Timing is everything, so if the timing is off just a bit it can help to do two consecutive days of IUI. The RE said that for his hetro couples, he tells them to have sex the night after the IUI, so as to get as many little swimmers in there as possible. But for his lesbian couples he strongly recommends two consecutive days of IUI's.
  • Options
    Hi everyone-

Thanks for all of the responses, I will just stick with one. I hope to have the IUI done either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when they tell me to do the trigger shot. I will go in for my last acupuncture treatment on Saturday so my ovaries can get stimulated into working (fingers are crossed)!!!!!! I will update you all next week, hope you all have a great weekend!!

Diana and Stacey
  • Options
    My partner did two back to back one on Saturday then on Sunday. We welcomed Mogon 7/9/09. We also have Madison 5/1/09 with donor 3551
  • Options
    My partner and I also used donor 3551 and have twin daughters that were born in 2003 :) Congratulations...
  • Options
    Wow--congratulations to you baby mommas from last year!

I'm starting IUI#2 cycle today. I think we're going to do 2 inseminations this time. My RE said that frozen sperm only lives in the body for 8 hours (although CCB told me 24 hours). And the egg is only fertilizable for 12-24 hours. Timing seems hard to get right.

I can't believe that anyone ever gets pregnant by accident!