Options

What is the approximate cost of an insemination

Hi, I´m new to this. I bought some vials here 2 days ago and have them in storage but I am thinking of getting inseminated now with the IUI Premium I bought but have no idea what is the approximate cost that a doctor would charge? What it´s a IUI insemination with one try,how much would that cost? If I was to use 3 IUI vials in one application, what would be the approximate cost of that be? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I think its going to be based on individual doctors. my doctor came to my house and did it for around $160. And that was for one IUI. I dont think that there is any real proof that doing more than one IUI per cycle is necessary. I'm told all it takes is one well timed insemination.
  • Options
    Hi Buckman,
    When you say "one IUI per cycle" do you mean: "one IUI per day"? So that would mean that instead of applying the 3 IUI´s in one day at once a better option or the way doctors do it is applying each IUI on a different day? So in my case, I have 3 IUI´s-meaning that they would be applied in 3 different days? One per vial per day?..Thanks.
  • Options
    I was saying just using the one IUI on your most fertile day. I'm not saying that having an insemination on three consecutive days is a negative in anyway especially if you have a hard time pinpointing your exact day of ovulation, in fact I brought it up to my doctor about possibly doing it on two consecutive days and she's the one who said all it takes is doing one well timed insemination for it to work. I guess just don't put all your "eggs in one basket" and expect it to "bullet proof".. But I do wish you lots of baby dust how ever you do it:)
  • Options
    Thanks Buckman! It kinda makes sense that only doing one IUI in the most fertile day could get u pregnant. I had thought that I would have needed some 3 IUI´s cause here at CCB its been said that for a successful pregancy its recommended using 3-4 vials, but maybe just by using one vial I could get pregnant if I do it my most fertile day. I think that depends on the person and her particular situation..

I´ll talk to my doctor..I hope I only need one. I consider myself fertile. I already have one child(though nor conceived through donor sperm, conceieved the "natural way".lol)..What about u? are u pregnant right now or planning to soon?
  • Options
    Butterfly,
    My doctor suggests that I buy 3 vials at a time and have them shipped to the office. I think ... because it typically takes about 3 cycle tries for an average person to get pregnant.. so they say. I'm, of course, hoping for just one. (I ordered 2 vials). :) And the shipping cost to the doctor's office is about $165 no matter if you purchase 1 or 3 vials. Crazy huh! Maybe that is what your doctor would like to to do. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Hi Ryanhl,

Yeah I´ve heard that typically its about 3 vials. Hopefully yours can work out with only the 2 vials u have bought.. I actually bought 6 vials from 2 donors, i´m thinking that I´ll use 3 vials for each pregnancy, although ofcourse I´d like to use less vials.I´ll have to go to the Doctor to see what he says..How much is your doctor charging you for the insemination?(I´m kinda worried about the pricing, i´m imagining it being expensive). Good luck to you too!
  • Options
    I actually lucked out on my first try with an IUI vial. I inseminated about 34 hours after I got my surge and then I pretty much stayed in be for the remainder of the day and following day. 12 days later like magic I found out I was pregnant:)
  • Options
    Buckman,
    Wow! You were very lucky! Congrats to you! :)

Butterfly,
    My doctor charges somewhere between $350 and $400 to do the procedure. I'm not sure the exact price. It seems very expensive when you add that price to the sperm price plus shipping. But, of course, if I get pregnant than it will all be worth it. :)
  • Options
    Buckman-Congrats on ur pregnancy!

Ryan-I guess its not that expensive..Specially if it works out fine and we all get pregnant!:) When u purchased ur vials and got ur credit card bill what exact name appeared on ur credi card bill? California Cryobank? CCB?..Thanks.
  • Options
    CCB was the name that was on my bill.