Options

Miscarried with 14256

I have just miscarried with 14256. At the time of my order he had 5 or less pregnancies. I'm wondering how many live births he has now. Also, for anyone else who has miscarried with donor sperm- did you switch donors for your next attempt? I know the failure of the pregnancy may very well be my egg quality, but should I switch to rule out the factor of his sperm? It will be difficult because I felt great about my choice to use 14256. Thank you to anyone with advice, and I wish you the best on this stressful journey.

Comments

• Options
    I also miscarried with this donor in January. How far along were you?
  • Options
    Hi Ladies -

We are very sorry to hear about your loss. We understand that your miscarriage may lead you to ask questions about your donor’s suitability for a future pregnancy attempt. We recommend that you document your pregnancy loss to our facility because we track all issues of problems in pregnancies and children from our donors to monitor for any patterns of concern: https://cryobank.com/Services/Post-Conception-Services/Report-Pregnancy/

You can also contact one of our genetic counselors to discuss your miscarriage and the possible causes and risks with future pregnancies. Our genetic counselors are available Monday through Friday from 8:00AM through 5:00 PM at (877) 743 6384.

Additional information about miscarriages is also available on our website here: https://cryobank.com/Services/Genetic-Counseling/Genetics-FAQs/#answerMiscarriage

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's definitely not easy to pick back up and try again. I miscarried on my first iui with a different donor than you but after my OB told me it was natures way when something wasn't quite right I felt better about moving forward with the same donor and I'm now 14 weeks along on my third try with donor 14106. Also, the successful attempt came on a vial with only 7.3 million, not the 10 million guaranteed. It only takes one! Good luck to you and try to stay positive.
  • Options
    Lcsbaby,

Thank you for sharing, and I'm sorry for your loss. I was only 6 weeks along when it happened. How about you? I'm curious, did you go ahead and try again with this donor or did you switch? I wish you the best!
  • Options
    Kblucky,
    Thanks for sharing! It helps me feel hopeful. Best wishes
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss as well ....I was only 6wks too. We have continued with the same donor and are currently in the 2wk wait....I feel the only thing that will make us feel better is getting pregnant again. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Did you guys decide to try again with Donor 14256?
  • Options

Hi, I miscarried twins at 8 weeks in 2015, then tried again and had twin girls with Donor 14256 in 2016. I have also made contact with two of their donor siblings' Moms, so I know at least 4 babies born from 14256!