Options

Tww after iui how did other people feel

Hi I just had my first iui with donor 12912 this morning. Just wondering other peoples experience. It was so quick any advice from people anybody else in the tww today. Anybody who got a bfp any ideas anything you did different the time you got your bfp. Crossing my fingers in lucky my first time.

Comments

• Options
    Hi @SammyS. I finished up my first tww last week. You'll probably feel different every day if your experience is anything like mine. Sometimes I felt great and like getting PG would be possible, and sometimes it felt so impossible that I almost wanted to go out and get a drink (I didn't, but I really felt like it would've been ok because I was sure I wasn't PG).

I had an hcg trigger and that made me feel crampy for a few days right after the iui but it went away eventually. I looked around for little things on the internet that I could do over the two weeks to increase my chances, and I did some of them, (the pineapple core thing - you can google it, and soaking my feet in warm water for 20 minutes at night for the first 5 nights). Honestly, I don't think these will make too much of a difference but it made me feel better just to do something. I read a lot on the internet and got pretty bummed when I didn't see any implantation bleeding or any other indicators when it came to that time, but I actually ended up getting a BFP anyway. So I think the takeaway for me was that even though a lot of people experience a particular symptom, etc.. it doesn't mean you will. Try to relax and be healthy for the next two weeks. I had to distract myself with TV and movies because I was thinking about it too much, and that helped a little too. I didn't really tell people what I was going through because I didn't want the pressure, but it was really good for me to have at least one or two people I could talk to about it. Also because I just kind of stayed home at night and since those people knew, they were happy to just come site on the couch with me : ) Good luck to you and sending you positive vibes!
  • Options
    @am.brk thank you so much. I am already thinking about it non stop. Thinking there's no way that it could've worked than I find myself thinking who knows maybe. But I don't have any symptoms because I just did my iui. I just feel like this cycle was so messed up to begin with them putting me on clomid so late in my cycle because all my levels were so low and follicles weren't growing I am just so nervous that they got timing wrong. But I am truly praying for a miracle that this time works. I did the pineapple core thing tonight. I will try anything. Thank you so much for replying and letting me
    Know how you felt. I will probably be on this couch for the next two weeks pretty much. GL to you also so happy you got a bfp!!!
  • Options
    Hi @SammyS. The TWW is the worst. I just finished mine for first IUI -- although I was fortunate in that it only ended up being a 10 day wait. I got back to back BFPs on Days 10 & 11 (HPTs) and blood work confirmed Day 12. Cycle was natural / no meds or trigger so I knew it was my own HCG. I analyzed every little symptom during the wait. I had signs and generally felt like something was up with my body as early as 3DPO but no noticeable implantation cramping or implantation bleeding. I did a lot of yoga, went jogging a few days, hiked my dog, tried to get a lot of sleep. Sounds like I was relaxed but my thoughts were completely consumed by every little twinge, feeling, or potential sign. Didn't have any alcohol or caffeine. Not sure any of the above helped. I really think (for the most part) it comes down to the timing / what happens on day of IUI.

Sending you positive vibes!!!
  • Options
    @MGMG28 wow congratulations. That is so wonderful so happy for you. I hope I have the same luck and get a BFP this cycle. I had a little different experience than you my cycle was supposed to be natural no meds but at my day 12 u/s they saw no follicles growing didn't look like anything maturing so they did blood work put me on clomid in the middle of my cycle it seems crazy to me. I haven't heard anyone else with this situation but the RE said my blood work was like I was cycle day3 so told me to take clomid for 5 days and then ovidrel after another u/s which then had a larger follicle finally. I don't know if this worked timing wise it seemed all over the place which for me was weird because I thought since I am so regular every month that it would all be on track but who knows maybe the meds actually worked and hopefully this will all be in my mind that it couldn't have. I pray this cycle worked I had two back to back iui mon and tues
    Morning but haven't felt any symptoms yet. I wish I would so I could have more hope. I praying everyday that I get that BFP this month.
  • Options
    Bfn this time :( I was hoping for a miracle. But I guess we will have to try again. I am opting for letrazole this time. I did clomid with the first iui and I just feel like between it changing your cm and thining your lining maybe letrazole is a better option. Anyone have any opinion of one vs the other medicine. I just really need this next iui to work I don't know if I can afford to do it a third time since I pay for everything out of pocket. And I need a lot of monitoring.