Options

Research

Hello CCB!
I have been wondering about the research behind the donor information. I understand you employ a very stringent selection process but how involved are you in maintaining accurate information? For example the donor’s medical history, is there any lab work or blood draws to verify the honesty of the information they complete? If so, what is tested for? Also, do they sign a waiver giving you access to their medical history from their primary care physician? I have also been wondering how many vials per donor are collected and/or how many pregnancies are allotted per donor? Thank you in advance, I’m sure I’ll think of more questions :-)

Comments

• Options
    Hi EA -

Here is all the info on the donor qualification process: http://www.cryobank.com/How-It-Works/Donor-Qualification/

Our maximum goal is 25-30 families per donor world-wide. The norm is usually 12-18.

Accurate information is very important to us and something we work extremely hard at maintaining.

Qualified Donors have gone through multiple interviews, physical exams, and screening (semen, blood, urine) both during qualifying and once they are part of the donor program. The family medical history is gathered by our genetic counselors over multiple interviews.

All the genetic testing, STD screening, etc. is done regardless of what the donor may or may not know about himself or his family's history.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB