Options

ICI and IUI in one month?

My 35 year-old partner has has 6 IUI's (one vial per month), 3 with Clomid . We're changing donors and wonder if anyone has tried doing an ICI at home followed by an IUI at the doctor's office the next day. We're trying to stay positive but are wondering why it's not working (we are using an ovulation predictor strip). Any responses would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I suggest that you use the Digital OPK. There aren't any lines to read, just a YES or NO. On my trial month using OPK's, I used the regular ones and I had a hard time deciding which day I was actually ovulating. To me, it looked like I had a positive 3 days in a row. On the actual IUI month, we used the digital and I got a positive at noon on a Friday...we did our IUI at 9am on Saturday and 12 days later I was pregnant.

As for the back to back ICI's and IUI's...it's really up to you. I wanted to back to back IUI's and my doctor said that it really doesn't increase your chances and that it was more or less wasting money. But, you do whatever makes you more comfortable. My theory is...it can't hurt anything. :)

Good luck and KUP!
    Misty and Carla