Options

2nd Beta!!!!

Got results back on beta #2. Little one did not stick. Worried now that I will not conceive with on eggs. I need words of encouragement please. This is rough.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear that. I see the fact that you got pregnant as encouraging, even if it did not fully take. That means your body and your eggs can do it. Hang in there.

Amy
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your news. I agree w/ Amy -- i think your eggs can do it.
  • Options
    Thanks. RE consult on Monday. I guess I will pull myself together, and see what and where we go from there. I am really realizing that this is a hard process. My first IUI-bfn, i was down. Now this 2nd IUI-bfp but then not. Oh my god this is hard. I think I could of handled it if it was a bfn.
  • Options
    i guess i look at it this way. now that I'm trying to conceive, I hear so many stories of healthy women that have had some sort of "difficulties". I think we all have a heightened awareness because we are TTC and know the date and time and all sorts of test results even what day to test for a pregnancy result. I'm not sure that we are all that different from other women, we are just more aware of a less than desired result.
  • Options
    Don't lose hope Walton! I had 5 IUI's and got pregnant on the 5th. I miscarried at 8 weeks. It's so hard. I had all the same doubts. Was my body not capable of carrying a baby? Was this a sign to give up? Could I emotionally handle it if this happened again? You get the idea. You have had the same thoughts. I had to have a D&C. I remember waking up to my best friend standing by my bed and I just said "I'm not pregnant anymore" and dissolved into tears. I still cry thinking about that moment. And the moment when no heartbeat was seen on the sono. It's tough. But guess what...IUI #6 was done my first period after my miscarriage. It worked!!! I got pregnant with twins. Sadly, I lost my little boy due to complications, but my girl is 6 months old and beautiful. A miscarriage is not the end. It's a horrible, devasting hurdle and pause in the plan. Talk to the dr. Get a plan together and go for it when you are ready. I remember my dr telling me the day of the D&C that I could try again right away and I remember thinking "no way!!" Well, six weeks later, I knew I couldn't skip a cycle or I would always wonder if it was "THE ONE". And it was "THE ONE". But I broke down crying the first time I had to go back to that office. I refused to go back in the same exam room as the one where we found the missing heartbeat. My dr was great. Don't rush it if you are not ready, but if you have a plan, go for it. Don't give up!!!
  • Options
    Your words are very inspiring. Thank you. You all give me the strength I need to continue with this grueling, heart twisting, mind game, process. i had told myself i would do 3 IUI's. so thats what i am going on to do, onto IUI #3.
  • Options
    a_walton, hang in there. It is such a difficult journey. I have had my share of difficulties and the past week have cried myself to sleep after my 3rd miscarriage. But I am still not giving up. I am anxious to get my test results so I can see what I need to do in order to be ready for my next try. I hate all the waiting but that's the name of the game for me. I have done more waiting each cycle than I've had attempts. But I will still not give up and look forward to the day I will deliver my baby. Keep hanging in there and I will be thinking about you when you have your appt on Monday. I'm sending you hugs!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Walton don't lose hope it will happen. It is a hard journey and if you are on medication that does not help the roller coaster. Allow yourself to grieve and keep your chin up. We are all here for you. You know that you can get pregnant and it will happen. Gripe vent etc on the boards, we know exactly how you feel. Hugs to you and it will happen. It is such a hard journey and it will make you stronger.
  • Options
    The RE consult will be very helpful. It's possible you need something like progesterone supplementation and they'll be able to figure that out.