Options

Insurance coverage for IVF in same sex couples

Our insurance covers 3 IVF cycles IF you use your husband's sperm. Considering I have a wife, I don't qualify. Trying to see if they can make an exception for our circumstance. Has anyone else had to work through that?

Just started TWW on 3rd IUI but trying to get IVF if this doesn't work. it's just too expensive without the insurance...

Comments

• Options
    This is another hurdle we are also going to face in our marriage. My insurane covers 100% iui or ivf if we were straight. I'm contacting a lawyer to see what my rights are. CA looks down upon discrimination so we will see what happens!!! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Good luck to you too! I am currently working with my insurance company to hopefully get covered. If they insure us same as man/woman couples, we should get the same opportunities for this benefit. I don't expect it will be a fast or easy process to get them to cover it for us, but I will do what I can. Let me know what the lawyer says if you don't mind. We are in Indiana, but any advice would be great.
    Have you had any IUI's or IVF done yet or just getting prepared?