Options

Should I switch donors??

Hello everyone. This is a little long. I am trying to decide if I should switch donors. I currently have 5 vials of a donor with no reported pregnancies. He was released in 9/07. I may not continue trying after the 5 vials are used up--I am having a poly removed soon and also have two intramural fibroids which "could" (but also could not) cause some problems conceiving and I have a slightly elevated FSH. I have been thinking of switching to a donor with confirmed pregnancies in case I do stop after the 5. At least that would take out one possible element. If he had confirmed pregnancies, at least I would know he had gotten someone pregnant and it wasn't the sperm. SOOO....I don't know. CCB won't tell me if anyone else is buying him or not. If I am the only one trying with him, well that'd be one thing, but if not...that says something. All they would say is "its only be a little over a year". Um, no, a "little" would be 2-3 months past year mark, not 9 months! But maybe that is normal for no pregnancies in that time period?? I was thinking that maybe he isn't that popular because of his multi-ethnicity. I don't know. Any thoughts that may help me make my decision are GREATLY appreciated!! I just don't know!!! Thanks for reading this far! lol!

Comments

• Options
    Hi lawgirl. Not everyone reports a pregnancy with a donor, plus it doesn't really matter. Everybody reacts different to particular donors. I used a bank that did not tell if there were confirmed pregnancies or not. My doctor was more concerned with motility and health of the sperm. Be calm and baby blessings to you!
  • Options
    After two tries with a donor, I switch to another and still not pregnant.

There goes your answer. Both had reported pregnancies.
  • Options
    True. Didn't think about that! THANKS! I've only had one IUI so far and he had 20mil. lil swimmers and a grede 4(?) motility. The nurse was very pleased with that. I think I will stick with him. If I do continue to go beyond the 5 I have now, I'll probably choose someone else. Thanks ladies!! This was really weighing on my mind.
  • Options
    I asked to see the sprem under the microscope myself. I had one donor..... the sperm were not moving. After 4 trys I swapped to a new donor . It was like night and day. You just have to ask the Dr/technician or whoever is inseminating you what the motility id like and what their recommendation is.
  • Options
    My RE's office gives me a form each try with the stats "breakdown". He has excellent parameters!! Since posting this....I have decided to stick with the donor for now.