Options

First IUI--Tomorrow--Any Advice?

I'm scheduled for my first IUI tomorrow--Any Advice?
I'm trying to relax and stay positive!
Liz

Comments

• Options
    I wish you the best tomorrow Metsfan. You are about to start the longest 2 weeks! Try to be REALLY busy but know that you will still go crazy by the end of the 2 weeks.

I have been told it's best not to test at home before your bloodwork. I will say I have not been able to wait for bloodwork but I get really mad at myself for testing or testing too early because then its just discouraging and depressing. And when you test too early to be sure anyway the test just depresses you for no reason.

I am 4 1/2 weeks pregnant on my 3rd IUI. I tested on 10 days past IUI and got a negative and was so upset that it was negative but even more upset because I told myself I'd wait until 12 days past IUI. And once I tested on 12 days past IUI I got a positive.

So I guess my advise to you is to hold off on testing as long as you possibly can!!!
  • Options
    THanks Becky--I am not looking forward to the 2ww--thats for sure--but good advice!
    Congrats on your positive!
    Liz
  • Options
    I agree with Becky, try not to test, although this is advice i did not heed! LOL i tested way early, i was soooooooo disappointed, then day 11 got a postive! Good luck!!

Becky- you are pregnant???!!!!! Congrats!!! So exciting!!!!
  • Options
    I took my test this morning and got a negative and I am 10 days past IUI. Guess I should have waited a little longer.
  • Options
    Good luck nisedm. I recommend waiting until the day before or the day after AF is suppose to come. I was pregnant and had a lot of negatives until the day before I was suppose to test. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Tomigrl, I am still cautious about it, but I AM pregant! My HcG on Monday was 290 and Wednesday was 609. My RE's office says those numbers are GREAT. But after 2 miscarriages I still get a little worried. I go in on Thursday for an u/s at 5 1/2 weeks to look for "location" then back again at 6 1/2-7 weeks for a heartbeat. I will feel much better after a heartbeat since both my miscarriages happened before a heartbeat. I can't believe you're at 11 weeks already. I'm glad the baby is doing really well. I'm sure it has been quite a difficult time for you....sad for losing one but then also worrying you'd lose the other. It sounds like he/she is doing great though.

Liz, I would wait to test until at least day 12. I got a positive on one test and a VERY VERY faint line on one test on day 12. Depending when implantation takes place you may not get a positive until after day 12. And as I said, it's still very disappointing even when you know it could be positive. It's so tempting because you will read about so many people getting positives on day 10 or 11 but I never did.
  • Options
    metsfan good luck. And yes this will be the longest 2 weeks of your life. My first IUI in March, I could not wait for it to be up. It drove my insane. No matter how busy I kept myself, my mind was still on should I or shouldn't I take the test. I waited, and glad I did. I got a bfn on day 14. I did not have that bfn on my mind before I was suppose to. So, take it from me and everyone else here, wait. Good luck and wishing you baby dust...
  • Options
    yes becky, it has been bittersweet. but yes, baby a looks so good! I'm so excited for you, I will pray that this baby sticks!!! :)
  • Options
    Well everything went well Friday so I am now in the 2WW. I have made plans to stay busy over the next two weeks but I of course think about it all the time.

I am going to wait a while to test of course and we will just see! Congrats to those of you that have had success! I wish you all a great pregnancy! To those still trying--Keep up the positive thoughts!
    Liz
  • Options
    Good luck metsfan!! I don't have any additional advice other than what's already been said, but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. Lots of baby dust.
  • Options
    good luck liz!!!
  • Options
    Liz, keep busy, I know it is hard. Baby dust to you. Don't test until day 12 or day 13. I tested to early and they were negative. Day 13 it was positive, so even though they say you can test a week early I do not agree. I know it is hard to stay busy but try. The weight is harder than anything. Good luck and keep us up to date.