Options

baby without a father?!

Hello everyone! I was just inseminated this past saturday and i am very excited! Some people are asking me "what are you gonna tell the child when they ask where his/her father is?" And some family members have said "You're gonna have a baby with NO father?!" Geesh! Making is sound like what I'm doing to so wrong. Can i ask...what have some of you said or plan to say? Thanks you!
Josie :)

Comments

• Options
    jfarfaglia im in the same shoes . I was inseminated nine days ago and iam so excited. The first thing one of my best friends said was so you are going to tell your child he was a test tube baby. She said it so cooly. Im not worried in the least bit that there is no father. I havnt figured out exactly what iam going to say but what i have done is I began writing a daily journal of the whole journey towards motherhood. i write almost everyday what step im doing and how much i love and want my baby.It is ajournal for my child that i can give to them when the time is right.I will have to give thought later on what i will say to them when the time is right.
  • Options
    When people give me crap about it (and they have already, and I haven't even had an IUI yet), I tell them that I've done everything else in my life by myself... why stop now? That seems to shut them up. Anyway, having a father doesn't make you a better person.
  • Options
    I am almost 38 yrs old. I have dated and dated and dated. LOL!! I am 6 weeks pregnant with a donor. I am very open with most of the people I work with and all of my friends and family know. All are so supportive. I did tell an aquaintance I haven't seen in a while at the gym that I was pregnant. She asked me if the baby has a father and I said yes. Technically every child has a father. Then she asked me if I was dating him and I said no. Very simple. I then told her how excited I am to be a mom and I look forward when Mr. Right comes along. That is my basic answer. The less you say the better but still staying honest.
  • Options
    Thank you! This helped!
  • Options
    My child is now 4 months and when people ask about her father I simple state he is not involved. Which is true and they don't seem to ask any more questions.