Options

Hello,

I called your offices on the 16th with the following question and am
wondering if this will get a quicker answer
I am interested in donor 11194 who you have on your home page as a popular donor who is back - but noticed on
his long profile that he was HPV positive dated 3/2008
Has anyone been effected by this or have any good information on the topic. My nurse said he should be pulled from the program and Dr said he is only concerned with skin to skin contact. Any other opinions?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    One more thing - I was wondering if a baby photo is available for donor 11194 - thanks again
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay. I am having our medical director review the donor's chart to make sure I give you a medically accurate answer. I should have a response tomorrow 12/21/09.

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Donor photos are optional. Unfortunately, this donor chose not to make one available to CCB.

Scott
  • Options
    HI Scott,

I notice today that donor 11194 has been taken off the front page as "popular donors" now available but I still have no answer from any of the calls in regard to my question.
    I am wondering if he has been taken off because you have sold it all or because the HPV is a problem.
    I am really looking forward to an answer.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi JBM -

All vials that were in quarantine at the time of the donor's HPV diagnosis were destroyed and the donor was blocked from donating.

Nine months after the genital warts were treated, he was re-examined. With no recurrence of an active infection over that period, our medical directors decided it was safe for him to reenter the program. He was re-examined regularly up until the time he was permanently retired.

Your physician is accurate in suggesting that skin to skin contact is the real concern. That said, we would never distribute vials that were collected during an active infection. If you have further concerns, I would absolutely follow your physician's advice.

As far as an HPV test, the only one approved by the FDA is approved for testing women only.

We removed him from the homepage due to shrinking vial count. He has been quite popular since his re-release.

Sorry for the delay in answering. I hope this answers your questions.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the answer
  • Options
    You're welcome.

Happy New Year