Options

HSG

Hi ladies, I'm fairly new to this process and going to have an IUI in the next couple of months. I have Kaiser, and they are having me get routine bloodwork and an HSG test prior to scheduling any appointment. I know an HSG is routine for those considered infertile, but as far as I know, I am fertile. It's just a precaution they take so they know what's going on, but I admit...I'm a bit nervous. A few people gave me some feedback as far as the test, but I'm apprehensive and know there are minor risks. If anyone has any additional information or advice, please send it my way! Thanks, and lots of luck.

Comments

• Options
    Hi GLtrbug,

I had the HSG done in December. A little cramping during but totally fine and fine afterwards. I've heard stories about it hurting but for me didn't hurt at all. I would recommend to do it... I opted out of doing it before I started my IUIs and after the 2nd BPN my doc decided to have me take a month off and do the HSG... just to make sure nothing was going on. Nothing was going on :) So... I will go in for my 3rd IUI next week... hopefully this will be my lucky charm:) I've heard from a lot of people on here that after they do a HSG it increases chances of getting pregnant. Not sure if its true or not but I'll take it :)
    Best of luck to you... keep us posted!
    Jenn
  • Options
    Jenn,

Thanks for the info. I, too, heard that it can increase chances by "cleaning" out the tubes of anything that may have been in there. So, wishing you lots of luck! I am hoping to have my first IUI sometime in February, but we'll see how the HSG goes. As far as I know, nothing is wrong. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks and best of luck to you too :)
  • Options
    I had an HSG to see if my tubes were clear and open, it was painful even with 2 advils but I know it was necessary for insemination. Good luck.
  • Options
    so far the HSG hasn't increased my chances of getting pregnant, on my second IUI.