Options

Medicated or unmedicated??

We are going to attempt our first IUI in the next couple of months. The RE said it is completely up to us as to whether we want to do medicated or un-medicated cycles. He explained the pros and cons, but left the decision up to us. I'm 28 and have no known fertility issues, although I wouldn't know because I have never tried to conceive before. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about this...

Comments

• Options
    I decided to do my first IUI at 39 and had also never tried to conceive before. Unmedicated was cheaper and since I had no known fertility issues, I wanted to try 3 times unmedicated first. I did follow all of the RE's directions, including bloodwork, HSG test (cleans out the system for some), and ovulation testing/timing. I did one unmedicated IUI and got pregnant on the first try. Then I used progesterone and baby aspirin after the IUI. While I know that this is very unusual, just know that it does happen!!! Good Luck!
  • Options
    Cool Kndertchr! My RE suggested we do it with meds so I'm doing it with. I just want to give it 100+% and because of my age (40) I have to hustle it up! Praying for twins if it happens but feeling greedy for wanting more than 1..lol!
  • Options
    My RE suggested I go straight to IVF, said that IUI probably wouldn't work and that I would have better chances with IVF. I just made the decision to go about it in the least invasive way first. My RE and OB were shocked that it worked.