Options

Sperm Count

Hi all!
Just checking to see if people have had issues with sperm counts. I have used three different donors with 3 different IUI's.

Of the three vials I have used , two only contained 9 million count and the third one only contained 13 million count.

Cryobank states they contain 10 million count or more. I'm newer to this but feel the 3 I have used so far have been pretty minimal. All have had 50-61 % motility which I hear is not too bad.
Has anyone had much higher counts than those?

Comments

• Options
    Are these counts you're giving the total motile sperm? Or the total in the vial? If they're total motile (which is my guess since that's usually what doctors tell their patients) then that's not that bad. If you had 13 million motile and the motility of the vial was 50% then the total sperm in that vial was 26 million. Also you didn't say if these are iui or ici vials, and if your RE is washing them. If you used iui vials, he should not be washing them.

I had to get refunds for vials twice because they were under the guarantee. And with my last vial, when I got pregnant, I had only 5 million motile. So I would've gotten a third refund if it hadn't worked. I think that unfortunately that's pretty normal. The vials seem to fluctuate in quality. My donor had 40 million in some and 5 in others. Definitely let ccb know though, and see if you qualify for a refund if you haven't already.