Options

Medicated or unmedicated??

We are going to attempt our first IUI in the next couple of months. The RE said it is completely up to us as to whether we want to do medicated or un-medicated cycles. He explained the pros and cons, but left the decision up to us. I'm 28 and have no known fertility issues, although I wouldn't know because I have never tried to conceive before. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about this...

Comments

• Options
    Good luck! My dp was 36 no know fertility issues and became pregnant on the 2nd unmedicated try. Our RE wouldn't less us use meds until we had 3 negatives....luckily we never got to the point. My feeling is why do something you wouldn't normally do. If you were with a man you wouldn't take meds before trying but totally my opinion. Do whatever you are most comfortable with!
  • Options
    I was given the choice by my RE as well. I chose the clomid. I agree with what jala says but if you were with a guy it would be a 'freebee' every month, so to speak LOL. I figured since I was spending a few thousand dollars on the donor vials, I would increase my chances of success as much as possible. I felt like it was one of the only things I could actually do to increase my chances. Everyone is different tho, you should follow your gut instinct!
  • Options
    I had the same reaction, if I was going to be spending a couple grand each try, why not increase my odds..