Options

PLEASE BE AWARE-MUST READ FOR EVERYONE

CCB DOES NOT independently verify donor's grades and SAT/ACT scores, though they report it as part of the donor sheet as if this has been verified. Any donor can simply lie. After all, they know how competitive it is and only 1% can be donors. Donor's are well compensated but yet have not been asked to simply hand in a transcript of grades and SAT scores that are asked for in just about any job. For quite a few women this is one of the MOST IMPORTANT criteria for choosing a donor. If you would like to send a message to CCB to require that donor's do the VERY SIMPLE task of handing in a grades transcipt and SAT scores, go to the bottom of the homepage, go to Contact Us and send an email.

Comments

• Options
    If you want to see their reasoning go to Bulletin Boards go to the Ask California Cryobank section and see the thread on Donor Information. They only ask for proof if they somehow sense a donor isn't being truthful. I've spent thousands of dollars to get superior service I am not asking for anything above and beyond what any job asks for before they hire.
  • Options
    Wow!!! I thought that info was verified. Just like you IQ was top on my list. That's why I chose my donor. He supposedly speaks three language and is a math whiz....that's a little discouraging.
  • Options
    I find it a disgrace. It wouldn't cost CCB a dime to ask the donor to bring a transcript.
  • Options
    Just FYI - SAT scores aren't an indication of IQ. At all. Just in case anyone was confused about that!
  • Options
    Okkamomma - If you don't believe SAT scores (or school grades and transcripts) are an indication of intelligence, you don't need to give any weight to these factors. I think the other posters' point, however, is that they tout this info and clients believed it was verified.

Would they say what a donor looked like without actual evidence (i.e., seeing him)? No. They would not allow a guy to say "I'm handsome and 6'2" and people think I'm a young Brad Pitt." By interviewing the guy in person (rather than just via email) they can verify what he looks like.

Similarly, they should verify grades (and SAT scores if possible). At the very least they should tell clients that the GPA and test scores on the CCB website are numbers that were professed by the donors, but weren't independently corroborated. Anything else is misleading.
  • Options
    I am the one that posted this. I am currently pregnant. I can only hope that the donor is the national merit scholar he claims to be. No one gives a fig about IQ per se. What we are asking for is did the donor perform as well as he claimed or not? For me it was a number one criteria. Doing well in school says a lot about the ability to focus, to follow through and apply oneself. Who doesn't know a man who put himself in a better light than he deserved? CCB should absolutely verify academic claims. Again, every job past high school asks to see a transcript. These donors aren't donors. These are men being well paid for a job.