Options

ICI at home?

Hi all! My wife and I are considering doing an ICI at home. We feel it would be less stressful than doing it at the Drs office which is so cold and our Dr doesn't exactly have an amazing personality. Has anyone done this? Suggestions from people who have? Good/Bad outcome? Any input is appreciated!!

Comments

• Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    We are on our 2nd month trying ICI. We are at 9PDO testing probably 12DPO. I will keep you posted @fran22.

-Stephanie
  • Options
    How did it go??
  • Options
    I did ICI at home! I"m happy to share more if you're still in the planning phase
  • Options
    I would like to know the same ill be doing a ICI next month at home I was hoping to see more replies to this post for so encouragement !
  • Options
    Same here! ICI at home next month. I was hoping to find more info about this on here. Let us know! :). Sending Baby dust to everyone on here.
  • Options
    hopefully you all know how to time it correctly! One tip: a child's oral medical syringe from the grocery store has a tip that is too fat to fit in the little vial from CCB. I used a cat medical syringe from the Vet's office (it was literally 62 cents) it has a much smaller circumference and will fit most of the way down into the vial, though you'll still have to tip the vial and try to get all the swimmers out. Those little vials were frustrating for me! If anyone wants more info feel free to skype me at ellie91773
  • Options
    @newbie373 Did you transfer the sperm from the cat syringe to a medical cup and then use a regular medical syringe? Or did you just use the cat syringe all by itself. I agree. Those vials are way too tiny!
  • Options
    We did ICI at home and happy to report we got pregnant second month trying. We used a Stork which is a applicator that holds the donation near the cervix up to 6 hours. We purchased it at CVS. It was recommended to us by a friend who got their BFP as well. We also used pre-seed about 15 minutes before we inseminated.

Feel free to ask any questions. Would love to help you all out if I can in anyway.
  • Options
    We're trying between tomorrow and Tuesday for the at home ICI. Just waiting for that peak result on the ovulation tester! We piked up the tank today, and will be using the Stork OTC.It's our first time, and we're praying it works! But if it doesn't we will be going to the Doctors for an IUI in the next cycle or two. Sending baby dust to you all!!
  • Options
    My wife and I our doing our first ICI this weekend. Not too sure what exact day I'm ovulating because I'm using different apps both say some time this weekend so probably going to do one each day 16th-18th. We are going to be using The Stork OTC along with Preseed. Hoping it works. We did two IUI cycles back to back in 2015 but I didn't get pregnant. I felt like it was too stressful being that our doctor was almost three hours away. And we had told family and friends we were TTC. But this time planning everything for this ICI doesn't seems so stressful. We're keeping it to ourselves this time. Everything has fallen into place and we are definitely ready to become mommies. Baby dust to anyone TTC!!
  • Options
    Has anyone here had success with ici at home using iui vials?