Options

Extremely Low Count 14446

We just had our insemination with this donor and his count was UNDER A MILLION. so far under the guarantee that I am amazed he passed quality control. Incredibly frustrating to say the least. I hope the refund includes shipping fees - but we are still out hundred from insemination process

Comments

• Options
    no response?
  • Options
    Hi L -

I'm so sorry to hear that you had this experience.

Please note that Donor 14446 does not have a low sperm count. We accept less than 1% of applicants into our donor program and their sperm quality is in the top 15-20% of the male population.

The documents in your shipment contained information regarding your specific vial which shows that the vial exceeded our specimen quality standards.

There are a number of different variables that could contribute to a count that was different from ours. (For example, if the lab re-washed the specimen or if they used different thawing methods or equipment.) You can read more about this here: https://cryobank.com/How-It-Works/Specimen-Processing/Specimen-Information/

It's also possible that the specimen was evaluated when it wasn't completely thawed. Sperm thrive at body temperature and often times more sperm become motile when they enter the body.

Please have your lab complete our specimen report form so we can get a better understanding of this matter since there are so many variables involved. You can access this form when you are logged in: https://cryobank.com/Account/Forms/

It sounds like you may still be in your TWW. If so, I hope that you have some good news to report soon.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    thank you for the response. we appreciate it. we called yesterday and had great customer service, that is all we can ask for in a difficult situation like this. our lab said they would take care of this and with numbers that low it should not be a problem to get a full refund.
    Thanks!
    L