Options

ovarian cyst on clomid

Failed first IUI with clomid + trigger shot. Went in today and the ultrasound showed I had a very large cyst. Dr. said it is not uncommon and is a side effect of clomid. Hopefully it will shrink on its own and we can try again next month. I did some reading online but still have a couple of questions. If cyst development occurred the first time, will it likely occur every time? Anyone with experiences to share? Also, anyone experience any chest pain while on clomid? Thanks for any insight and good luck to all trying. Logically i realize (after reading this and other boards) that this is a long process and will likely take several attempts but the emotions of failing were more than I had expected. It is nice to be a part of this community and know you are not alone in the struggle.

Comments

• Options
    I had the same experience on clomid. When the cyst resolved I had a horrible headache for 3 days. My estrogen number the day the cyst was found was in the 900's and dropped rapidly at the estrogen was feeding the cyst which caused the headache. I also only had a 14 days cycle and it was very heavy.

Good luck and I agree the boards really help me each month I go through the process.
  • Options
    I had a cyst in my left ovary before my first IUI. My RE put me on birth control because according to her 99% of the time they go away on their own after 1-2 months. Well mine lingered and after 3 months we decided to have it surgically removed via transvaginal aspiration (TVA). After the TVA I was good to go and I had my first Clomid (Serophene) + Trigger IUI last month. Unfortunately, my first IUI resulted in a BFN. I was told not to be surprised if another cyst appeared after Clomid. When AF finally decided to peak her nasty head earlier this week I went in for an U/S ready to start my second IUI cycle. Talk about disappointment...now I have 2 very large cysts in my left ovary. I'm back on the pill this coming Sunday. Hopefully they go away on their own....no, no...they will go away on their own this month.