Options

Chicago fertility clinic?

Hi,

My partner and I are just beginning this exciting process! We are looking for a doctor/clinic in the Chicago area to work with us on getting pregnant (probably via IUI). Does anyone have a good recommendation for a doctor? I don't know how to find a good one, as I don't have any friends in the area who have taken this path.

Has anyone heard of North Shore Fertility? They have a webpage that mentions same sex couples, so we like that, but would just feel better if we had at least some actual patient reveiws.

Thanks for any advice! Doctors make me nervous, so I'll feel better if I know I'm using a very skilled one :)

Comments

• Options
    I am going to UIC. They have two locations and their RE is the Director of the RE dept... he meets and talks with you personally. But, it also depends on what your insurance says you can use... fortunately I get to use him... if you'd like his info, email me @ ualtigger@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Greta:

I would reccommend University of Chicago, Helen Kim. I have worked with all the physicians in the group. I recently switch from another physician in the group to her because she is more aggressive and I like that. I think that UC has a group of physicians that cater to a diverse demographic of patients and you will find as a same sex couple that you fit in there very well.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I'd recommend University of Chicago Center for Reproductive Medicine and Fertility and Dr. Cohen. He meets with you personally and is super straight forward. The nurses are great and they are just west of downtown. I'm on my 2nd IUI, first medicated cycle and they are super positive with my wife and I. The front desk nurse is even rooting for me this go round.
  • Options
    I highly recommend using IVF1 - Dr. Randy Morris! He has office locations in Chicago, Naperville and Plainfield. His IVF procedures take place downtown. Best of Luck!
  • Options
    I highly recommend Fertility Centers of Illinois which has locations in downtown Chicago, Oakbrook, Buffalo Grove, Crystal Lake, Glenview, Highland Park, Hoffman Estates, Lindhurst, Naperville, and Orland Park.
    I never had to miss work since I was able to get appointments at or before 7am. The RE that I worked with was great, Dr. Christopher Sipe. They have other RE's as well. I received all results on the same day as I went in for tests, whether it was bloodwork, baseline tests, etc..
    Another great thing is they check your insurance for you and let you know immediately what is covered. Luckily everything was covered for me except the purchase of donor sperm.
  • Options
    I used the Chicago Women Health Center on North Sheridan road. They are really laid back. Very open and freindly.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.

The Chicago Women's Health Center looks interesting -- and even has birth classes for down the road.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Thanks for the previous suggestions, everyone!

Here's a follow up: Do any of your recommended clinics do IUIs on the weekend? Also, who does the actual procedure: nurse or doctor?

We had started with one clinic, but for those two reasons (had a really bad experience with a procedure done by a nurse yesterday), we are considering switching clinics. Thanks for any info!