Options

Waiting Game

I had my first IUI on Monday. Now it is a waiting game...which is not easy! I don't really feel like I am experiencing any early prenancy symptoms, at least not yet. Ugg. I figured a good way to pass time the next week and a half might be to generate a discussion on here. Here are a few questions for others:

1)What donor(s) did you use or do you plan to use?
2) How did you chose your donor?
3) Favorite baby names
5) Do you/ how do you plan to tell your future child/children that you used a sperm donor?
6)What advice do you have for others re: fertility issues, using a donor, etc?
7) What State do you live in?
8)What do you do for fun when you are not reading the CCB bulletin board? (haha)

Comments

• Options
    Here are my answers:

1) We used donor #11521. We were going to use #11615, but he was sold out before we had the chance to purchase the specimen.

2) We chose our donor mostly based on physical characteristics. Although I suppose we tried to get a sense of what his personality is like as well. I found this process difficult because it is weird to think about the donor being a real person. I wanted to depersonalize him as much as possible.

3) Baby names…. I don’t like super common names. I typically like names that were popular during my grandparents generation. My Irish/catholic husband likes Celtic names. Nothing decided yet on this front.

4) I skipped #4, woops!

5) Yes, we do plan to tell our child/children that we used a donor. I would like to normalize it as much as possible when they are young and avoid making a big announcement when they are teenagers. Not so sure how this will work.

6) It can be very hard to see all of your friends get pregnant and have children the “normal” way. A lot of wonderful people are faced with a whole spectrum of infertility issues. Stay positive and be thankful for what you have. It doesn’t take sperm to be a father or a parent for that matter!

7) I live in Maine

8) I work full time. I enjoy boating, gardening, home improvement projects, and playing with my Saint Bernard!
  • Options
    nella846,

Great way to pass the time :) I understand how anxious you and others must feel during the tww. I myself will not start my IUI's until early next year :(

1)I am planning on using donor 11687

2) By carefully reviewing his family history and audio interview. I wanted to feel a connection when choosing, and I did.

3) For a girl: Miranda (my middle name) For a boy: Brandon

5) When my child is old enough, I would have a talk with them about how they came into my life and what a blessing it was.

6) Do what you think in your heart is the right decision and don't let others make you feel bad about whatever decisions you make, whether it be using a donor sperm or becoming a single mother by choice, etc.

7) I live in American Samoa, which is a tiny US Territory in the South Pacific. It is home, but unfortunately they do not have fertility clinics here, so I will be making a temporary move to Hawaii for my IUI's.

8) Well, I have a 5 year old son from a previous marriage, so he keeps me busy :) I also like to read books, watch movies, work out, and go to the beach.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

Tara
  • Options
    No luck round 1. The 2WW is the worst and I am dreading going through it again next month.