Options

IUI #3 another BFN, feeling hopeless

Ok ladies, I need to hear from the women who have gotten pregnant on IUI #4 or more. I'm feeling so discouraged and like this is not going to happen for my wife and I. Please send some sucess stories my way.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Lucky baby 15!

Reading your post brings up the feelings my wife and I not so long ago were feeling! Don't give up hope...trust in this process. I know how difficult it is to remain hopeful....but stay strong and don't ever give up. My wife and I got pregnant on our 4th cycle of IUI!!! We are currently 16 weeks pregnant with a baby girl! We were resigned to the fact that after 3 BFN, this may never happen for us or at least not in the near future. That very next cycle we got our BFP! Know that your lil one is just waiting on the right time to make their debut! May I ask the protocols you have followed over these last 3 cycles?

If you have any questions...we are an open book! Don't let yourself lose the faith!

Baby dust to you!

Courtney
  • Options
    Courtney! A baby girl! That's so exciting, I'm so happy for you guys :-) No luck for me this month - another chemical so on to next month and a new donor as we discovered our guy was a carrier for a condition and we'd rather not go there, so maybe a blessing in disguise.
    Luck baby 15 - after 2 chemical pregnancies I feel your frustration, this is such a long and emotional journey and it can feel like you are just living month to month peeing on sticks and waiting for one thing or another. Hope we both have success stories of our own in the coming month :-)
    Julie
  • Options
    Courtney, so excited for you both!!! I had sent you an e-mail trying to Check and see how you were doing. I am trying to keep the positive thoughts flowing but it's really hard. My doctor left the practice so now I'm seeing a new dr and we are trying injectables with clomid this cycle.

Julie, I'm so sorry that you are struggling as well. Hang in there and hopefully it will all be worth it for us soon. Keep us updated! Good luck:)
  • Options
    i really thought this third time was going to work. I had two eggs instead of just one, timing was right on (36 hrs after trigger) Courtney how many eggs did you have this last time? Also, during the two week wait did you have any signs or symptoms to make you think you were pregnant, or did it feel the same as the other tww??
  • Options
    Lucky baby 15,

My wife and I completely understand where you're coming from. We had our 3rd IUI this past month, got a BFN. It is so hard sometimes, ours was also timed perfectly. Our biggest question was when we wanted to start doing something differently (IVF). Best of luck to y'all! It will happen when its supposed to happen. Stay positive, being upset isn't going to change anything (easier said than done, I know) Hopefully we will all get a positive soon.

-Desiree
  • Options
    Thanks Desiree, it is also hard to stay positive. IVF isn't even on my radar.....too expensive. Hopeful that iui works for us. Crossing my fingers for you!!! Good luck:)
  • Options
    Courtney, thank you so much for sharing your story. You gave me something to hold on to in that you went through the same process. Here's my back story:
    I'm 28, 29 in November. I got pregnant at 19 so I figured the process wouldn't be so difficult....wrong. The doctor hasn't given me any reason that iui wouldn't work. My doctor left the practice (she was the associate Doctor) now I'm seeing the main Doctor. He told me with each iui cycle my chances go down. I can not afford to do ivf so I was devestated with this news. The new doctor increased my clomid and added injectables for the first time for this iui.

Did your doctor ever tell you that your chances go down each time???? I basically felt like if it doesn't work this time I just need to give up.
  • Options
    Hey girls!!!

@ Lucky baby 15...I am so sorry that I didn't get your e-mail :( I gave out a e-mail address I created just so I could post it on these boards rather than give my private e-mail out on the message board. I work until 3 am...so tomorrow before I go to work, I will long onto that e-mail and send you my personal e-mail address...this way I will actually get them since I check that e-mail daily! I am so sorry again! Your back story sounds so similar to mine! I too found myself pregnant at 19, and thought hmmm this shouldn't be too hard to get pregnant....I too was wrong. I was 29 when we started IUI and got pregnant, turned 30 today! We are so close in age! Do not let the doctor get you even more discouraged :( Our Dr. was so wonderful with us...we talked about the number of tries, what is 'normal' if it was going to work...and ultimately when we should move on to the 'next phase'. She told us that same sex couples, that she sees, are a little different than the heterosexual couple who will walk in the door for IUI. She said heterosexual couples who have been trying, she recommends 3 IUI cycles before moving on to another approach. She said that if we could 'try' at home ourselves then by the 3rd time it should work if it were going to. Makes sense. Then she told us that the average is actually 3-4 cycles to achieve pregnancy...so she reassured us that we were not 'abnormal' and that in fact, we were right along with the statistic. Lastly, we talked about 6 tries overall with IUI before moving to IVF. For us, like you, IVF wasn't within our reach, we have zero fertility coverage on our insurance :(...so we didn't really know where that left us. While we were on our 3rd TWW, we had follow up with the Dr. which she required before going onto the 4th cycle...she again went over all the same info above. We talked about adding injectables, since up until then we went with Clomid only. She told us that in her medical opinion, we didn't have to jump on the injectable band wagon quite yet...so with her guidance we elected to do another Clomid round (150 mg) for our 4th cycle. Well low and behold...we got pregnant. Don't give up hope! I will e-mail you tomorrow with my personal e-mail! :)Stay strong! Where are you currently at in your cycle?

Prbs2002- Yes ma'am we are having a little girl! We did the Progenity DNA blood test....similar to the MaterniT21...and we found out she is in fact a lil girl and has no chromosomal abnormalities !! :) I am so sorry that you had another chemical....but like you said maybe this turned out for the better. I truly believe everything does happen for a reason...and we have to be grateful for unanswered prayers as well as those answered ones! It is going to happen for you...I know it! I don't know if you sent me an e-mail...but if you read above I gave out an e-mail I made to post on the boards...I will log on and send you email from my personal account so I will actually see it! Stay strong and keep positive!!!

BABY DUST!! Hugs too!

courtney
  • Options
    Oh...and I almost forgot...

When we got pregnant I had 2 mature follicles...both on my right side. My lining wasn't the greatest at my last ultrasound...before trigger, which I guess it ended up "plumping up" :) I had had a cycle where I had 3 mature follies at trigger and ended up with a BFN...so it does go to show you that more isn't always more :( On my TWW that we ended up pregnant I had no symptoms that made me feel any different than any other TWW we had. We ended up testing at home on 12dpiui because I really wanted to prepare myself for the 'next step' if in fact we weren't pregnant.... and we got our positive...all of the other months, we never tested at home and just waited for our BETA.

What trigger shot are you using?

BABY DUST!
    Courtney
  • Options
    Did you have your tubes checked to make sure they were not blocked? I'm having that done on Monday ( fingers crossed both tubes are open)
    I am on cycle day 5 and we use ovidrel for trigger.
  • Options
    I did...we did HSG before we started this process.
    Are you having HSG or SIS?

We had used Ovidrel trigger our very first cycle. After that, our Dr. switched us to Pregnyl. she thought it would be a little bit better for us...and help give us that extra push with the follies at the end! It is just a stronger HCG trigger....
  • Options
    I'm having hsg, I didn't do it because it thought it would be out of pocket, but insurance ended up covering it at 100%!

I didn't even think to ask about changing the trigger, the doctor never said anything about it....dang it. I already bought the ovidrel.......??
  • Options
    I'm doing the hsg, I didn't do it sooner because I thought it would be out of pocket but my insurance actually covers it 100%!

I didn't even even think about asking for a different trigger, the doctor hasn't said anything about changing it. We will see!
  • Options
    Both tubes open!1 follicle 20mm Triggering tonight, iui #4 on Wednesday. Say a prayer for us please!!!
  • Options
    Mine took the 7th time! Keep your head up it will happen
  • Options
    Luck baby - How are you? Is your TWW almost over? Let us know how you are doing!

Courtney - How's that little girl doing!? I hope you are having a wonderful pregnancy :-)

We have just had our iuis over the past 2 days, this time I had 2 follies (unmedicated) and the lining looked good, but I'm feeling more cautious than ever before because with the last 2 chemicals everything looked amazing too, so it doesn't really go for much. This is our first try with our new donor, so maybe that will make a difference! I'm hoping third time is the charm - this is a much more arduous process than I ever imagined and takes so long!
    Baby dust to you all!
  • Options
    We got pregnant on IUI #6!!!! We had given up all hope and only did cycle #6 because I wasn't a candidate for IVF until 6months of exposure to sperm. Doctor did all of the tests and basically told me I had unexplained infertility. This final cycle I decided to remove ALL gluten from m diet (I had read a few success stories of people trying for years and got their first BFP after adopting something cose to the paleo diet). I still ate lentils and some beans but the base of my diet was fruit and vegetables with some form of meat or eggs at every meal, I also did one round of accupuncture and went on nightly walks. The accupuncturist said I had very bad circulation which makes for an environment not conducive to implantation. Don't give up hope! I had given up hope and it still happened, against all odds!