Options

How did you pick your donor?

I am just wondering what donor others picked and why?

Comments

• Options
    Well I am in the process of picking - I look at height/weight, attractiveness, line of study/work, and the overall impression of the staff member. I also tend to like or not like the donor by reading their essay, although there is no real formula for it - either I like what they say and how they say it or not!
  • Options
    I look at height/weight, eyes color, open donator, and baby picture.
  • Options
    nella846,

I know it's different for everyone but my partner and I looked for features in the donor that were similar to my partner's, given that I would be carrying the baby we wanted baby to have features of both of us. So, we looked for a donor that had similar eye color, hair color, ethnicity initially. Then we narrowed it down by purchasing the LP's and BP's. To be honest, it was the LP that really helped us because extended family medical history was an important factor. His baby photo was adorable and that helped :) We ended up having a GORGEOUS baby boy last year who looks exactly like the donor did in his photo. We have truly been blessed with our son.

Good luck to you in your decision.
    Michelle
  • Options
    I wanted a donor who was CMV - , at least 5'10 (most of the men in my family are tall) open ID and 20+ in motile numbers.

I'm open to any race/ethincity and whether or not he has reported pregnancies.