Options

30+ mm follicles?

My wife and I had an US today that revealed a 30mm follicle. We just did our trigger shot and go in for our first IUI on Thursday. We were wondering if anyone out there has had such large follicles and if they have resulted in a BFP???

We are somewhat worried it's a cyst, she had bloodwork done that shows she is on her way to ovulating and it should be soon if we didn't have the trigger shot.

Anywho keeping our fingers crossed!

Natalie and Tommie

Comments

• Options
    We went in yesterday for our first ultrasound and I had a 28mm follicle, 2 17mm, and 2 14.4mm. The dr said this was great. I do my IUI today, will let you know the outcome.

Assuming you had clomid, it was my first time with it and dr said with already good eggs they can become that large.

good luck
  • Options
    Yeah we had clomid, this was our third try with clomid - we were up to 150mg, prior to this our follicles grew to no more than 15mm then would shrink....

We have been testing but its all been BFN's so far, today is post IUI day 12 today...we will test again tomorrow. Tommie says she feels very periodish, crampy and what not. This morning she woke up for work and suddenly became extremely nauseated, lasted 10 minutes - so she tested and again BFN...we shall see, but baby dust to you!
  • Options
    We are starting over next Tuesday....AF is here! Blah! Much luck to you guys! Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    I took a HPT this weekend and it was positive! Went in today to get the blood test from the dr. Good luck to you this week!
  • Options
    Congrats! Thanks....we are keeping our fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys might have multiples with 5 mature follicles like that!
  • Options
    Yes, the dr said it was a possibility previously, he is checking my hcg levels every few days..I am guessing he wants to make sure everything is progressing ok, but also for that very reason.

How are you progressing?
  • Options
    Summerns...congrats! I am really interested in whether or not you are having multiples! Please keep us updated. I had alot of follies like you last cycle and I did not do IUI. I am somewhat headed in same direction this time.
  • Options
    So happy to report that we had a 20.3 mm, 18.5 mm, 14 mm, and 2 13 mm follicles. Ovedral tonight and iui Saturday morning!!! Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Good luck! let us know how it turns out
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound yesterday and 1 baby! I was almost convinced that there would be two, but 1 is great! It is surprising with 5 mature follicles that only 1 took.

Good luck to you all.

Tommie - I have been waiting to hear..have you tested yet?
  • Options
    We tested wed and it was negative so we decided we won't test till saturday morning now....Tommie is convinced she is periodish, so she will either start her period tomorrow or saturday or be pregnant. Ugh this SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I feel crampy too... The only thing that gives me hope is that when I was prego I got 3 BFNs, had an emotional fit and was convinced beyond belief that I would start my period, but it never happened. Fingers, toes, arms and legs are crossed!!!
  • Options
    times two!