Options

AF came

On the 22 of June I had my first IuI, but unfortunately it didn't appear to 'take' as on the 10th day AF came.
I felt really bummed out.
I wouldn't have minded so much, if not for the fact that it took me soo long to save up $426 (the price for the insemination procedure itself) that it feel like it would make it hard to do this every consecutive month. And meanwhile, I have to see other peopkle at my work gushing over one of the younger girls who is pregnant.
So I just had a really bad day. :(

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lydia!

Hang in there it will happen for you :)

I feel where you are coming from with the expense, in fact I am sure everyone does. For my husband and I it costs us about $1200 each round. We started saving every dime about 4 months ago and each month continue to pinch every penny to be able to do this. I am currently in my 2nd 2ww and if this doesnt work for me by round 3 we'll have to stop until we can save more money.

So good luck to you! Stay positive and soon that will be you that everyone is gushing over :)
  • Options
    I can relate. My first IUI didn't take either. It seems to feel like everyone else around you is pregnant. Don't lose hope. Try to take a mental break from focusing on pregnancy it helps if you can manage. I've been able to take a small, short breaks. As for the gushing at work try to stay away from those conversations. I work in a GYN office so I have to see it every day too.
  • Options
    Hi Lydia,
    I'm sorry your first IUI didn't work out. It's frustrating to spend all that money and for it not to work. But stay positive, your time will come.
    I got my BFN from my second IUI last week. I will try again next month. My RE recommends trying every other month.
    RStrasburg- Good luck to you. I hope your 2ww goes by fast and that you get your BFP!
  • Options
    Thank you gingy!

I hope your next one takes and we can all be Mommies soon :)