Options

New to post, veteran to IUis

Hi, my partner and I are on our 6th IUI this month, but this is the first time for me to post on the board. I have read all of your stories and they have kept me inspired to keep trying. So without you knowing you have all been helping me make it through the last 6 months, thank you all so much! We are halfway through our 2WW and counting! This has been tough but I know it will all be worth it. I wish you all a Happy and Fertile New Year! Stay optimistic!

Comments

• Options
    Mundiana,

Glad you decided to introduce yourself & let us know you are here with us!

I hope your TWW is passing quickly & best wishes for a BFP and never having to make it to #7!

Kimberly
  • Options
    Thank you Kimberly!

Diana
  • Options
    Diana -
    Welcome to the posts! And best of luck on your TWW... It's a crazy time but fun... not sure if you have been there but the site twoweekwait.com is a funny site to read stories. It helped me pass the time!
  • Options
    Hi Shannon and Vickie-

Thank you for the well wishes! I am on day 12 of my TWW today, feeling different this time but don't want to speculate since we are on #6. I find myself not wanting to test but instead waiting to see if AF visits this month. It is tough to feel that you are going to get a positive and look at the test and it is a BFN!!! My partner is going crazy, she has asked me to test since day 10 and all she gets is a NO! ;0) I have a 13 year old son and this week he has said about 3 times, "Mom, you are pregnant because you are so grouchy!!" (I pray he is right!) I have checked out all of the blogs and visited the sites that you have recommended, I really appreciate the stories and you are right about how reading that others are on the same emotional and physical roller coaster you are on helps make the time pass quicker by confirming that you are not alone or crazy!

Diana
  • Options
    Diana,

Your TWW is ending!! Any news??

Kimberly
  • Options
    Well today is day 15dpiui and i woke up this morning very positive, but then I had some spotting this afternoon. I called my doctor's office to let them know and also figure out what is next. I will wait to hear from them tomorrow, (this is my ob/gyn that has been doing these). Now I am wondering should I switch to a RE and have them do IUI #7? My doc does not check follicles, do hcg shots, etc. I am completely bummed this evening even though this was such an amazing and historic day, I was hoping it was going to be even more special with a BFP but back to square one, damn!
  • Options
    Sorry to her that. I would suggest that you see a RE so that they can rule out that nothing else is preventing you from getting pregnant and also for better monitoring (follicles/size) especially being on Clomid. Timing is everything & I think the sono & hcg trigger shot really make me comfortable that we have the timing down right. Of course, I am also still waiting for a BFP too, so I don't know if that really means much! =)

~Kimberly
  • Options
    Go to an RE so that you can be properly monitored. You should also do an HSG to make sure that your tubes are not blocked or that a fibroid is not distorting the cavity of your uterus. If you have already tried Clomid, move on to injectibles. If you have the money or the insurance for IVF go for it, don't wait.

That's my opinion. Good luck.
  • Options
    Ok, so we had a productive week. Took you guys up on the advice and on Wednesday went to see an RE, she was very informative and we started the bloodwork to make sure she could treat me. We will skip trying this month and try again in March. Luckily February is a short month because I think it will go slow since I have nothing to do, I don't have to count, test, wait, and test again! What the heck am I going to do?

I also went in that same afternoon to do the HSG, ouch, I am still crampy two days later!!!!! We found out all pipes were clear! So, we wait! Thanks for all of the advice.

Diana