Options

Need Some Advice...

Hello Ladies

I've been considering becoming a single mother by choice for over a year now. Back in late September I was introduced to this site, had my first doctors apt, did some searches, and thought I was going to start the process.

Well, I stopped by mid October. I was struggling with the decision and had more soul searching to do - namely if I was ready to give up the 'dream' of what I imagined as my 'family' and the 'dream' of meeting the one. Six months later, and lots of mental work, here I am again, with a new fresh mindset and resolve. I am looking for some help...I am so appreciate of this site, I've just spent a few hours reading posts. SO MUCH STRENGTH.

Last night I did a thorough donor search and have 18 profiles (Short Profile, Donor Essay, and Staff Impressions) printed in front of me. Now the daunting task of weeding through them since they all have the 'top 8' things I was looking for.

Question: What do you all suggest in terms of purchasing the other items?

1. Long Profile - from what I've heard, this has more information than I would even find out about someone I was dating/married too and had a child with. Is it necessary? Is it valuable?

2. Audio Interview - is there information in these that is NOT found in the other writings? Or is it just a chance to hear the mans voice. Will that voice haunt me?

3. Keirsey Report - I am familiar with this report's contents since I teach Psychology and realize it is a personality analysis. Again, if you have used it what do you think?

4. Facial Features - Since CCB will give us an attractiveness rating is this necessary? Is it helpful?

I already know I want to see the Baby Pictures and all 18 have those available. But, Im torn on the other 4. Money is an issue for sure.

I really appreciate your thoughts and comments. I realize that 'sharing' info is viewed in different ways by different people but I am one that is pro-sharing so I'll list the profiles Im interested in. I will buy the stuff on my own if you guys think it is worth it and no one else can share it with me.

Thanks and all the blessings...
Daria

darieschaff@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    Welcome! I myself have just started this long and exciting journey to. I started thinking and researching this 5 years ago. But recently started the process.

The only things I am worrying about getting are.

1.Long profiles- because the show medical history of the donors entire family.

2.Audio interview- to find out how sincere and honest he sounds

3.Baby photo - I want to know what my future child could possibly resemble.

I also sent you an email. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks mommy87...lets keep in touch.
  • Options
    Oh for sure! Feel free to email me anytime. For anything!
  • Options
    Hi Daria, and welcome. This process can definitely be overwhelming. I too started the process in September, but didn't commit until December...it's a hard decision, but I know it's the right one for me. And, I'm six weeks pregnant now! For me, I scanned through numerous profiles and when I finally found "my" donor, it just hit me. I knew I wanted him. He stood out from the rest, and mostly because he seems like a genuine person, and is in a similar line of work as me, so I almost felt like I knew his personality type for that reason. He sounded to me like someone I would have been attracted to mentally, so I went for it! Just use your gut...and you won't make a wrong choice! I recommend the Long Profile and baby pic. I plan to purchase the audio down the road, but didn't want it to sway me one way or the other. I'll listen to it after my baby is born. :)