Options

First Timers

My partner and I just had our first IUI August 27th and are nervous to take a test here in the next few days.
We are in our late twenties and I am carrying our first.
Is there anyone out there with some advice and can share on their experience?
We unfortunately don't have many friends that are same sex couples.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to you guys! I hope you get a BFP :)
  • Options
    Hi,

My partner and I are going in for our first IUI in about 4 weeks. So excited/nervous/anxious! I'm 30 and my partner is 29, and as you said, we are kind of on our own with this as most of our friends are either straight married couples or single people a little younger than us. We live in SF...if you are from the area it might be fun to get together for a coffee and share our experiences.
  • Options
    Muffin0615,

My partner and I have been through 5 IUIs and they are not easy especially when they are not successful. We ended up changing donors a few times after having 2 chemical pregnancies. Come to find out my partner who is carrying had a blocked tube. She had surgery last week to fix it. We go for our 6th IUI next Tuesday.

Try to be there for each other and know when the time is right that little baby will come along. We both were very disappointed when the 1st try didn't work for us and it was hard but we truly felt when the time was right it would be. Our attitude has always been that "we are in this together!"

Stay positive and who knows you could be the lucky one that it happens on the first try :) Baby dust to you both!! What donor are you using?

Good luck!

Kelli and Karen
  • Options
    We used 13463 and are currently pregnant. We live in NC our friends are very supportive but we don't have any same sex friends with families. I'm looking into joining some kind of group or meet up once the baby is born to get more support from our community.

Kelli and Karen I hope everything works out for both of you! Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi Im Chloe and my wife is Rita and this is our first time. I have only done research but I am so excited to start trying. My wife is active duty in the navy and I thought that with the laws changing we would have more support but in this category I don't see much. There are only 2 bases in Cali and they are currently not available to have any new patients at this time and not sure when they will have openings. So I want to look into doing the procedure at home, has anyone done it at home and could give me pointers?? We just moved to Cali from Detroit, Mi so I don't know anyone out here...I would love some pointers..