Options

First IUI this month with 13337

Anyone else out there trying (or pregnant) with 13337? Would love to connect! This will be my first month. I am 39, I know my chances are on the lower side (my doctor also thinks I might have endometriosis), but my fingers are crossed!! Would love to hear from other single moms out there that are just starting their journey :-)

Comments

• Options
    Hi! I'm also a single mom, 34, trying for the first time, also using 13337. Waiting for results, but am not optimistic. My doctor analyzed the sample before we used it and she said that motility was low (30%) and counts were only 4.8 million, which is apparently very low. I wonder if I got him on a bad day or if other samples from this donor are also lacking in virility. I have a second vial that I'll use later this month (if needed). I'm wondering what your results were. I was excited about this donor because of his singing voice. (I'm a singer, too, and really want my kids to be blessed with some natural talent.) I'll be disappointed if I have to switch donors. I hope you've had some good news and would love to hear how things are working out on your end!
  • Options
    So great to hear from you! I knew there was someone out there using this donor (just based on his last set of vials getting purchased before he had the new release), so I am really happy to find you!!

I am also a singer, and fell for the voice! Sad because my subscription ran out, and I used to periodically listen to his tape, and it was almost reassurance that I had made the right choice. Everyone in my family is very musical.

Just curious ... are you Caucasian? I am. Just wondering since he is a mixed race donor.

In terms of his counts, yes, I was a little disappointed too with the first sample. It had a count of 6 million. You know I never asked about motility though, and my doctor didn't mention it. My doctor, however, does two subsequent days for each cycle, and the count on the second day was 10 million, so much better.

Let me know how it goes! When is your 2ww up? Mine is up this week, so I will definitely keep you posted!!

P.S. Where do you live? KC
  • Options
    Thinking of using Donor 13337. Not sure how long he's been in the donor catalog...does anyone have a baby using this donor yet?
  • Options
    Karin, you should contact the bank. They have a guarantee of a min of 10 million per vial. Its an idea..
  • Options
    I thought about that, but I think it is 10 million before the wash. The numbers they gave me were after my doctor washed them. So I thnk they were still up to standards. We shall see. Thanks, though! I did think of that!
  • Options
    Hi Karin,

Any good news to report yet? I'm on my 2nd cycle with this donor. I have about a week left before I know the outcome. The counts were a little better this time (about 5.5 million if I'm remembering correctly), but still not where I would like them to be. It's great to hear that one of your samples was in the 10 million range. That gives me a little more hope for this donor.

I am also Caucasian. If it works out with this donor, this would be the first mixed race child in my family. It might raise an eyebrow or two, but certainly not more so than the fact that I used a donor to begin with!

I'm in NY, not far from NYC.

I downloaded the song file before my subscription lapsed, so I can email it to you if you'd like. Just let me know where to send it.

Hope you've had some good news!
    Meagan
  • Options
    Hey Meagan,

Wow we are on the exact same schedule. I am on my second cycle too! So I will know soon if it worked .... I feel pretty normal so we shall see!

That would be awesome if you could email me the song I didn't think to download it. I wish they would just give us lifetime access to the info .... Seems like we pay enough! My email is kcommeret@gmail.com.

I'm pretty happy with my choice so hoping not to switch anytime soon! I hope we both have good luck soon .... When do you find out?

My family was actually totally in support the donor thing and the donor I ended up choosing ...... They thought the Caucasian donors were kind of boring lol. I had another guy picked out that was white and kind of a jock and ultimately decided the donor I chose is more interesting/has a lot to offer.

I'll keep you posted and I hope you'll keep me posted too. Do you also have his baby pics you could forward me?

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Feel somewhat crampy and PMS! Hopefully it's not my period!!

Sending good thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Karin... sending hugs to you and baby dust. I hope it is not your period. I think when I got pregnant I had all the same PMS symptoms. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    So it's weird, could have sworn I was getting my period. It's usually right at 26-28 days, and today is day 26. And, I did start "bleeding." But it is VERY, very light. So, I don't know if I'm going to wake up with my period, or if this is spotting. It seems too late in the game for implantation spotting right? Or anything is possible?

Any thoughts? I will know very soon one way or the other! Last time, I thought for sure I was pregnant (cuz I was pushing the 28 day mark), and then period came like every other month.

Thanks Anissa and Meagan!

Meagan, maybe this will be the month for both of us - we would have almost the exact same due date!

eeek, this is scary. anyhow, tomorrow or the next day could just bring my period, we'll see!
  • Options
    Anissa, I think it is so nice that you follow these boards even though you have your little bundle of joy! :-)

Would love to meet you (and your little one) when back in Boston .... Boston is my home town! Lived there for forever :-)

Thanks for the good wishes!
    Karin
  • Options
    I think it's a real period :-(

Better luck next time!
    Karin
  • Options
    Karin

If we are still here would love to meet you. Moving to FL soon, to be closer to family.

Keep us posted.
  • Options
    I had negative results this month, too. Had all sorts of symptoms that made me hopeful, but ended up with AF. Hoping that cycle 3 will give us both good outcomes! Baby dust all around!

I haven't told family members outside of my immediate family that I'm trying for a baby since I don't want the added pressure, but my immediate family is psyched and we all think this donor is perfect. As soon as I saw his baby pics, I knew he was the one. Then I heard him sing...no doubt in my mind after that!

I will email you copies of everything I saved about our donor.

Also, sorry that I'm not good about regular contact. I just don't log in here very often. I wish the message boards would email us when there's a post on a thread we're involve in.

Ok, email headed your way in a few minutes.
  • Options
    thanks again for your email! Looks like this month is a go for me....I thought they might cancel it because my CD12 u/s had only small follicles, but then I went back 2 days later, and I have 2 follicles that are big enough (18).

Go in tomorrow for the IUI? Where are you at in your cycle?

I think it's so crazy we're on the exact same schedule/cycle. Wishing #3 will be lucky for both of us. How old are you, btw? I don't think I ever asked.

And yes, I agree the donor is perfect! Hopefully, the counts will be good this month!
  • Options
    FX, good luck and baby dust Karin. Cycle #2 starts on Friday for me.
  • Options
    Thanks a_walton! Cycle #3 underway. Counts were not great today. 5 million. My NP said that if I weren't planning to move to IVF after this cycle, she would recommend changing donors :-(

Counts always seem to be better on the 2nd day though so we shall see!

Trying to take it easy today. Good luck on Friday!!!
  • Options
    Good luck ladies! Baby dust!
  • Options
    Best of luck to everyone! The two weeks is almost up....
    Had some cramping after IUI? Is that normal? Also did not ask about motility...will have to follow up on next visit.

Taking first test Friday! So proud of my partner she is amazing!
  • Options
    2ww is almost up. 10 dpo, and tests are negative so far. It's a little early, but am starting to feel crampy. :( Hopes are beginning to fall for this cycle. Will switch donors if it didn't work this time. The counts are always on the low side.

Does anyone have any good news to report? Karin, how are things on your end?
  • Options
    megly, keep your chin up either way. I tried a pregnancy test day 7, day 11 and day 13. I did not find out I was pregnant till day 13. So it can happen. The only symptom that I had was motion sickness and a horrible 5 day migraine. So you never know. Keep us up to date.
  • Options
    Negative results so far for us but still hopeful...we are 10 days past ovulation and the last IUI. My partner had cyst rupture afterwards...she was experiencing lots of cramping and pain lying on her sides. So glad all is well after ultrasound. Gives us hope reading the emails and encouragement from you all that have been successful and are going through similar journey.
  • Options
    Hi Megly,

Was just wondering about you and how you are doing? My periods is due VERY soon like within the next 1-3 days. They are not like clockwork snce I started this cycle. I did start feeling crampy yesterday, so I have a feeling it may come tomorrow or tonight.

We'll see. Any news for you?? It's true the counts are always on the low side. My NP told me they would recommend switching donors after this cycle. (Unless I decide to do IVF).

In the meantime, I met a really great guy! Just to complicate matters!

Hope everyone is well!
    KC
  • Options
    Hi karin, just wondering how your doing. I had IUI #2 today. It went well. Hopefully this is it. FX'd.
  • Options
    Karin even if you met a great guy, don't stop doing the IUI's. LOL. I have been dating a guy for 7 years and still went for IUI's. He never wanted kids, I did not tell him I was doing this and he wasn't surprised when I did it. We are still dating here and htere, but with me moving not sure how often I will hear from him. I am okay with that. He will be selling a bunch of stuff for me so we will talk but not sure how often we will get together. Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    Hey! Hope everyone is well.

My period is officially late as of today. I did not go to get a pregnancy test because I was in the operating room all day (way past when the lab was closed).

I also have not taken a pregnancy test. I figure my period will come tomorrow (one day late). Is it normal to be freaked out about the prospect of a positive pregnancy test.

I know this is what I wanted, but I am SO scared now that it may be a reality. Anyone else have this?

The guy is a whole nother issue .... how I am going to tell someone that I have been on TWO dates with (first guy in my life that has truly treated me like a queen) that I am pregnant with another guy's kid? I know I'm getting ahead of myself....

Any pointers regarding either of these things MUCH appreciated!!!!
    KC

And I agree Anissa, I don't plan to give up on IUI even if this cycle doesn't work, but moving forward AND dating is going to be tricky!
  • Options
    You'll figure it out Karin. Follow what your instincts tell you. If he's the right one right now, and you do become pregnant, he will understand. Life did not just start when he popped into your life. FX'd/ GL.
  • Options
    Karin... Well, pee on a stick. Only one person knew I was getting pregnant and when the pregnancy stick was positive I sent my sister in law a text HOLY SHIT BATMAN. She said you are pregnant, I said yes. Went to the doc and they pulled labs. Told my folks that night and they were shocked.

I have been dating someone forever and he was fine with it. Don't give up Karin go for your dreams so worth it.

As for telling him watch The Backup plan (I htink it is), with Jennifer Lopez, funniest movie I have seen. She gets pregnant falls in love with the man of her dreams and he stays with her.

Dying to know what is goign on.
  • Options
    Wow, thanks guys! Could really use some support.

It has BEEN a terrible week.

Yes, you guessed it. First, got my period.

Second, in my long series of failed dating, the knight in shining armor that came along and wined and dined me with fine dinners, gifts every time he saw me, shopping for gifts for my friends (he knew I had a tough week at work), helping me w a huge presentation ..... first, took down his match profile because "no pressure but he wants to see where things go with us." 2 days later, he broke up with me via email (one night after our last date). What the heck??!! How did Mr. Charming disappear in the blink of an eye. I am SO confused.

I was not planning to put IVF plans on hold for him .... I have been through enough failed and not-so-serious men to know that that was a bad idea ....

But I am running out of time and getting disheartened. Also discouraged by the dating stuff. So kinda discouraged all around!

Is it ever gonna look up?!

In the meantime, I know it's extreme, but I've decided to give up dating until my next birthday :-) It's actually a bet I made w a friend (yes, strange bet between friends, but she thinks that my dating is detracting from my life). This will give me time to concentrate on getting pregnant, working out, and just trying to come fully into my own (without a partner) before I HOPEFULLY start this whole parenting thing!

This month was a tough one :-(. I really thought I was pregnant. My period was very very late (like day 30 instead of day 26).

Anyhow, sorry for the long email. Hope someone else out there is having better luck!
    KC
    KC
  • Options
    Karin I'm glad you found out now about Prince Charming. I agree to concentrate on you and do what makes you feel whole- having that baby and getting back to you. I'm still in tww. 1 week to go. FX'd