Options

Femara vs. Clomid...please advise

Hi Ladies,
I think I my next cycle is going to be a medicated one. My RE had mentioned clomid, however another of my doctors suggested I talk to her about Femara instead. So help ladies. What success have you had with clomid or Femara? And what side effects did you have with either or both.

Any insite you could give me would be great. I want to make and informed decision and I am sure you ladies can help.

Baby dust to all and thank you !!
M

Comments

• Options
    I'm on Femara...not sure if it's because of my age (35) or anything. My dr said he put me on it because i have no known problems and it has less side effects - and less percentage of multiple births. Good luck to you. I'm doing my 3rd IUI this week - this time i'm also taking the Ovidrel shot (for timing purposes) and going on progesterone suppositories - to strengthen my lining. We're pulling out all stops on this one!
  • Options
    I personally prefer femara because of less side effects and it doesn't stay in your system as long. My doc suggested femara for me because of PCOS. Check out this link for a little info http://www.advancedfertility.com/femara-letrozole-fertility.htm
  • Options
    After 2 rounds of clomid and one of femara; I like femara a lot better.
    Clomid thinned out my lining too much. Plus I didn't have the bad mood swings and hot flashes with femara.
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments Shelly,Riley, and Gingy.
    Riley I did look at that website. It was very helpful. Now I know what to ask my doctor when I go to see her.

Thanks and baby dust
    M