Options

Care Credit?

I am just getting started with this process and am hoping to do my first IUI around the middle or end of October. I am single on a social worker salary, so I will need some financial help to get this going. I also don't have great crests, so getting approved for a loan might be tough. The financial counselor talked to me about Care Credit, but I read a lot of horror stories about billing and customer service issues when I googled it. Has anyone here used Care Credit and if so, what were your experiences like? Any other financial resources for not so good credit? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    That should be "great credit" not "great crests"! I hate auto correct!
  • Options
    Hello. My partner and I used care credit back in 2009. We purchased 6 vials and had one year of 0% financing so I made monthly online payments and got it all paid off before the deadline so no interest was charged and we had no issues with them at all. I thought CCB didn't accept care credit any longer though?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. The reviews I read were saying that they would arbitrarily change payment due dates to trick people into making late payments, erroneously charge service fees and late fees and then not fix it, withdraw the payment from the checking account but not post it until 3 days later, etc. I read so many of these stories that it scared me! Anyway, I haven't gotten as far as payment for the vials yet, but even if I can use the funds just for the tests and procedures, it will help, because my insurance doesn't cover any infertility treatments.
  • Options
    WOW I never had any of those issues. Maybe because I just set up an automatic payment schedule with my bank for every 2 weeks when I got paid so never had a chance to be late? I found it very beneficial especially with the 0% financing...it allowed me to make the payments without having the price go up every time do to interest...
  • Options
    Okay, good to know. I will assume that the people with complaints were just generally being irresponsible about making their payments....
  • Options
    I've used Care Credit several time for expensive vet procedures for my dog and never had a problem. I love care credit and i've never paid a dime of interest. I've financed maybe 13K through them over the years.
  • Options
    care credit is much better than chasehealthadvance anyday.
  • Options
    I'm struggling too on a limited salary and have considered using care credit. Does anyone know if they have restrictions on what you can use it for, i.e. vials and procedures?
  • Options
    Does Anyone Know Weather Or Not They Still Except Care Credit?
  • Options
    Here is a link to this question that was answered recently.

http://www.cryobank.com/Bulletin-Boards/messages.cfm?threadid=5A2BBDC0-3048-B002-9E0050EF3DD6D7F0