Options

what cycle day to start ovulation test?

I was wondering what cycle day y'all started using the ovulation test. I am using the clear blue easy digitals with the smiley face. I just wasnt sure what day to start testing. The nurse Re office said to start day ten or eleven and she didnt say to test more than once a day. But I have read to test numerous times through the day. But I wasnt sure what day any of y'all starting testing????????
Thanks and baby dust to everyone!!!!
Vicki

Comments

• Options
    Hi Vic
    Although they say most women ovulate on day 14, thats' not entirely true for all women. Have you been charting before or is this the 1st month? On my 1st month I surged on day 14 after my 1st day of my period. I started testing 1x on day 10 just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I tested 2x a day starting on day 12. Just because I was afraid I would miss the surge. Cause what if you test in the morning but you surge in the afternoon!! I did it in the AM and then midafternoon. I used the clear blue easy digital too!! You would rather start testing earlier than worry about missing the surge and jeopardize your cycle.

Good luck and sending you tons of baby dust!! I hope we are BFP twins this month with the same donor!!!

Alicia
  • Options
    Alivin -
    Hi Guess In started WAY early then It is cycle day nine for me and i have been testing at least twice a day. OOOOPPPPSSSie! Oh well I guess I will keep testing but just twice a day I plan to test at 10 am then again in the late afternoon. I guess I was a little anxious!!! Good Luck to you!! I know this TWW has got to be driving you nuts. Oh and I havent been charting my doc just said to start testing and call when I get the surge.
    Sending you tons and tons of baby dust!!!
    Vic
  • Options
    Thanks Vic!! I know my 1st cycle I started testing on day 10!!! We are just so anxious to get things started!!!
    I can't wait to hear when you get your surge and have your 1st IUI!!
    Baby dust!

Alicia
  • Options
    We started on CD10 too, but we tested 2 x's/day on CD10, 11 and 12 and then 4 x's/day on 13, 14 and 15. By previous months, we knew that I O'd on CD15. We got a positive OPK at noon, done our IUI at 9am the next day and a BFP on CD12. :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    AF coming early threw my OPT'ing schedule off... I wasn't supposed to start testing until tomorrow but, just for grins, I tested today... and guess what I SAW? Yep, you guessed it, I'm on my surge today!! Seems like my body is still on it's normal schedule and I should have started testing Saturday. When I tested with my Dollar Tree test and got the two lines, I got out the CleatBlue digital and got the smiley face. AARRGGHH!!

I made one of the toughest decisions I've had to make so far... I'm going to forgo the IUI and still have my HSG on Monday. I need to have peace of mind that my tubes are clear and open so guess I'll be starting again in July after all!! :-)
  • Options
    I mean AF came LATE... can't even TYPE right!!
  • Options
    I think you made the right decision...I think that getting the HSG out of the way is one step closer to you getting your BFP!

Good luck!
  • Options
    So... if things get back to normal (and I've got BOTH dates on my calendar) I should get a visit from AF in about two weeks and I can get back to work!!
  • Options
    Hi, I start testing with the answer strips on day ten. Will also be using the Clear blue easy digital smiley face this month starting on day 13. I typically get my LH surge day 16. Hope this helps! Nicole
  • Options
    2beamom:
    You might want to try something other than the answer strips unless you've had success with them... that was one of the brands my RE told me NOT to use since they tend to be faulty quite often. I used the test from Dollar Tree and then used the CBE digital once it went positive... both backed each other up.